Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, bought a 2004 CTS back in January. Coming home from work this evening the check engine light came on and started flashing. Engine is now running rough and hesitates when giving it gas. I have put nothing but premium gas and a bottle of Chevron fuel system cleaner since purchasing the car. Was wondering if anyone could recommend agood, trusted and reasonably priced mechanic that specializes in Cadillacs. I live in Arlington, VA 22206. Don't really have the time to do the work myself.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses.

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
Run by autozone get the code read..they do it for free..

Most likely a spark plug causing cylinder misfire. Or a coil pack..

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,037 Posts
Flashing CEL indicates misfire, and Tlorenzen posted the most likely culprits. How many miles are on the car, and when were the plugs last done?

I used to live in Alexandria and had my car at Lindsay Cadillac a number of times with good results. With that said, they had 2 techs specifically designated to work on Vs, so I'm not sure if the rest of the techs were/are as good as those guys.

Edit: If you need any parts - even if the dealer is installing them for you - make sure you talk to Luke @ Lindsay, and tell him you're a Cadillac Forums member. That will get you a pretty good discount on the pricing. You can even contact him here (he's username Lindsay Cadillac Parts) to let him know you're coming.

·
Registered
2004 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone so much for your replies, as I said before they are greatly appreciated. Thank you especially AAIIIC for putting me in touch with Lindsay Cadillac Parts. Went by Autozone as you suggested and pulled the code (P0306). Having it serviced this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts