Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started a thread explaining some water damage my brand new V sustained. Here is the thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...2009/223704-brand-new-cts-v-taking-water.html

Here are the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5500035443/in/set-72157626077891353/

Well, this morning the plot thickened. The CTS loaner I received yesterday has the same water damage from rain last night. The loaner was built in November and my car last month (February). The point of this thread is to bring about an awareness of a potential problem many of us sedan owners didnt know about because many of us dont use the back seat. Also, many V owners dont drive their cars in the rain so they may be unaware.

So, those of you who have taken delivery recently (within 6 months) please check the rear seat drivers side headliner for any water and/or stains from previous damage unknown about until now. Please post is you have damage as I do.

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan manual
76 Posts
Hmmm the plot does thicken.....I am waiting to hear from Cadillac corporate , hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
392 Posts
Sweet Baby Jesus..I read your other thread but didn't see the picture until now. For God's sake, that's horrid.

Joe

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan manual
76 Posts
What's Really sad is that my car looked exactly like his did in the pics....definitely bummed about this

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Received a call from the Service Department explaining they are assessing the water damage. I reiterated my intent to get a new car. Stay tuned

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
443 Posts
i suspect they will only fix at this point, but i dunno.. taking a car back isn't something i've seen any dealership willingly do.

·
Registered
'11 Little Red V wagon (& 2 Vettes)
253 Posts
One of the reasons I've never ordered or bought a car with the sun roof.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I ordered my 2010 CTS-V Sedan without a sunroof and my 2011 CTS-V Coupe without a sunroof as well. One less thing that can go wrong with the car.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everyone keep your eyes peeled. Looks like this will affect quite a few CTS models built over the past many months. According to the dealer there is a NEW TSB/recall to REPLACE the entire sunroof.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan manual
76 Posts
I hope that includes replacing all of my stained interior panels, seat, any wiring, the airbag etc and any rust or rot that may occur down the line.....oh and FYI I just checked and my build date was 11/2010 so this goes back a bit....

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kado91Z, I tried to PM you but apparently you are at your max # of PM's? As I mentioned before, the loaner CTS the dealer provided had a build date of November as yours did and it has the damage as well (not nearly as bad as my car though). Also, I am in the midwest as well (Cincinnati).

G

·
Haven't been to the forum for awhile. Just read both threads regarding the water leaks and saw the headliner water stain photo.

My V is in the body shop now for repairs from an accident. The sunroof was shattered and the sunroof frame damaged. After removing the damaged sunroof and frame, they found the headliner was also damaged and had to replaced. The problem with that was:

a) when the replacement headliner arrived - it had been damaged during shipping.
Now we're waiting on a replacement.

b) the only way install the headliner, due to its size, without damaging it, is through the windshield opening. Yeah... the windshield had to come out. Then the shop found out that the windshield seal (stretched during removal) is only available with a new windshield. So I'll be getting a new windshield also.

The tech working on is very conscientious and said he tried every imaginable way to install the headliner through the door openings, but couldn't without damaging it. So... out came the windshield.

Hopefully, when it is all put back together, I won't have any water leaks.

Just letting you know, in the event that they are going to replace your water stained headliner.

And this will be my last car with a sunroof.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haven't been to the forum for awhile. Just read both threads regarding the water leaks and saw the headliner water stain photo.

My V is in the body shop now for repairs from an accident. The sunroof was shattered and the sunroof frame damaged. After removing the damaged sunroof and frame, they found the headliner was also damaged and had to replaced. The problem with that was:

a) when the replacement headliner arrived - it had been damaged during shipping.
Now we're waiting on a replacement.

b) the only way install the headliner, due to its size, without damaging it, is through the windshield opening. Yeah... the windshield had to come out. Then the shop found out that the windshield seal (stretched during removal) is only available with a new windshield. So I'll be getting a new windshield also.

The tech working on is very conscientious and said he tried every imaginable way to install the headliner through the door openings, but couldn't without damaging it. So... out came the windshield.

Hopefully, when it is all put back together, I won't have any water leaks.

Just letting you know, in the event that they are going to replace your water stained headliner.

And this will be my last car with a sunroof.
Thanks for the info. I questioned the dealership about the replacement of the windshield and they said at the factory the headliner goes in first THEN the windshield. In my case they said they will be not be removing the glass. Thats funny because they keep telling me that my car will be as good as new (its 3 weeks old anyway) but they wont be replacing the parts as the factory had originally put them in. My local dealership is TRULY a joke and in no way interested in making their customers happy. At no point have they asked for acceptance of what they are doing and have pretended that I never asked for a replacement vehicle. They also seem to think major water damage is a 'normal' warranty item. Scary. Not the type of service I expected from a 'Premium' car company.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
443 Posts
i think u should get in touch with cadillac customer service.. the dealership isn't going to escalate this if u don't make a huge fuss about it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts