Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HAVE YOU RECEIVED YOUR STRUT TOWER BRACE???

• NO - and I don't want it anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
What was the lead time on the shipment of the strut tower brace? Mine is on order, I am just wondering when I should expect it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Got a card in the mail from my dealer stating that my part was in. The only thing I have on order is the strut tower brace. I'm going to pick mine up this afternoon. It will be on this weekend. For me, it's more about the fact that I got a 2003 'Sport' model that had upgraded suspension, but they didn't come with an STB. It will stiffen up the chassis during cornering, but I'm sure I won't notice much. It sure looks cool though!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
odysseus said:
Got a card in the mail from my dealer stating that my part was in. The only thing I have on order is the strut tower brace. I'm going to pick mine up this afternoon. It will be on this weekend. For me, it's more about the fact that I got a 2003 'Sport' model that had upgraded suspension, but they didn't come with an STB. It will stiffen up the chassis during cornering, but I'm sure I won't notice much. It sure looks cool though!
Ody,
What's your plan for the hood insulating pad?

The CTS brace is plain and black where our CTS-V brace had the Z06 on it. I ordered some 3/4" chrome letters, "3.6VVT" to put on the brace.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'm going to order a new one from the dealer today. I'm going to install the STB this weekend, and check for clearance with the hood. If there is excessive interferance (90% likely), I'll pull it off until the hood insulator comes in. It's only 6 bolts that are all accessible on top of the strut towers. I'm sure it's a 10 minute install, at most.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
I paid $70. Installation free had a tech in the back do it, but it is rather easy.

I had my engine cover and brace painted. Robert I'm also looking for a cool emblem to put on. I will post pics next week leaving to Denver today for a few days.

Also noticable difference in cornering.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
Robert I'm also looking for a cool emblem to put on.
The "GM Performance Division" placards that CVP33 sells would look cool here, except they're a little small (0.5" x 2.5"). The CTS logo from the trunk lid may look cool too.

After I get the CMS headers on and dyno the car, it would be cool to put some custom lettering on with the calculated flywheel HP rating.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Ody, My thoughts ecactly! "GM Performace" emblem. I was going to try and keep it under wraps, but its always in the matrix.....
Robert painted some parts dody color and others... I will post next week...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I went to install my brace and noticed on each side of the brace one of the holes have about 1/2" bisquits or pads welded on. That means the bolts have to 1/2" longer doesn't it?:annoyed: :hmm:

P.S. the hood pad is held by 6 pins. It takes less than 5 minutes to remove. You can drive without it until you get the proper pad.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
If you bothered with swar bars you should consider the brace. The open engine compartment will flex on hard cornering. The brace reduces the flex. About a 10 minute installation for about $65.
My new indented hood insulator came in today.:D

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
BishopRuger said:
Ody, how's the STB fit on the 3.2L?? Should I bother ordering one?
It was too freakin' cold out this weekend here in VA and neither of my garages are heated. So I didn't get it on yet. I did set it on the strut towers in the parking lot at the dealer with my parts guy for a test fit, and it clears the engine by about 2". I decided to wait until I get my insulator pad before I put the brace on, since it looked like it was going to hit the stock pad and possibly not let the hood close properly. I'll post pics once I get it on.

Robert installed his and removed his hood pad until his replacement comes in. I may do the same if it's nice out this weekend.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RobertCTS said:
The CTS brace is plain and black where our CTS-V brace had the Z06 on it. I ordered some 3/4" chrome letters, "3.6VVT" to put on the brace.
I like this idea Robert. Didn't even think about it, now I'm going to have to come up with something for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts