Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the positive reviews on these mats, I decided to purchase a set for my CTS. I figured with the price and reviews/feedback, these mats must be optimal. But as soon as I opened the box, there was a dark brown stain that looked just like a cigarette burn. I actually thought it was a burn at first. Upon closer inspection, it was some kind of grease stain. I took pictures immediately as I was going to ship either that 1 mat back, or all of them. But I decided I didn't want to wait another week or more for them to make another set. So I took it upon myself to grab the carpet cleaner and scrub. I really shouldn't have had to on brand new mats. It spread out, but at least it is less noticeable. I mean they send the mats with this pink slip of paper with all these names on it that quality checked it. How did they miss that? As i always say "in the world of business, image is everything". This proves it. I was more than disappointed with this. I could have purchased cheap generic mats from Walmart that would have at least been new looking all around. And those cheap ones don't even get multiple people checking them prior to shipping. I would definitely expect better from mats that cost close to $200. But the embroidering looks nice.. I figure as long as I don't look at it, it wont bother me. I haven't looked at those mats in like 5 hours and Im already almost over it.

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
After reading that I would still buy their mats again in the future.
Mistakes happen and you didn't even give them a chance to rectify it.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
First time I've heard of any defects on Lloyd's Mats. Everyone I know (me included) has received their mats in perfect condition. Don't let someone's goof spoil your enjoyment of these excellent mats. You should definitely return the mat for replacement.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
605 Posts
I bought a set right after getting my car because it didn't come with any mats at all. I got the classic loop with embroidery. The shape was an exact fit and the embroidery looks good. However there were one or two snags in the loop and some fraying in the edging. Also the snaps they shipped with were not the right ones for my car, and after contacting them they shipped me new snaps which do fit now, but they're still not the greatest at staying on. I only paid $80 for the pair with free shipping, and I feel they're worth that but had I paid $200 for a set I'd be unhappy with that kind of quality, especially if they arrived with a stain on them. But then, that's why I specifically did not want Cashmere interior. If that stain was on my Ebony mats I'd probably not even notice it.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did send Lloyd an email with pictures yesterday right after I took the pictures. I received a reply today.

" Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear about your mats. We will be more than happy to replace the mats, however since the order was made through AutoZone you will have to contact them directly please let them know of the situation and they will contact us with approval to send out a replacement. "

So I called Autozone, and they said that the warranty against defects is a manufacturer warranty with Lloyd and I will need to contact them for a replacement mat.?. So im caught up in that viscious cycle. And you cant buy the mats direct from Lloyd. There website reads you can only purchase them through an authorized dealer, of which Autozone is. So how do you take advantage of there warranty then? And its a 5 year warranty. Its beginning to be just not worth it for a stain.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
605 Posts
Can you just return them then? It's not really a manufacturer's warranty claim, it's an "item not as described" claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts