Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I arrived home from vacation, I noticed a package inside my front door. I read the shipping label and I was excited to see that it was the Nav system I ordered. I opened it up and was dissappointed to see that it had no face!!! WTF. It was just the metal casing and the screen. What am I supposed to do with this?

Hopefully Phoenix Perf Inc. will take it back since they said it was a complete DVD nav system and didn't mention anything about it not having a damn face. Otherwise, if anyone wants a DVD Nav without a face (perhaps if you want to upgrade your CD based system to a DVD based one), I'll sell it.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AsAkAs said:
By no face do you mean it has no buttons or black molding surrounding it?

Can you order thoose peices from a dealer?
Both. It doesn't have the black elastoskin molding or the buttons and knobs. It's essential useless as it is right now.

You can't order the face from the dealer. For some reason, the manufacturer only sells the entire unit.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Mbai2 said:
When I arrived home from vacation, I noticed a package inside my front door. I read the shipping label and I was excited to see that it was the Nav system I ordered. I opened it up and was dissappointed to see that it had no face!!! WTF. It was just the metal casing and the screen. What am I supposed to do with this?
Hopefully Phoenix Perf Inc. will take it back since they said it was a complete DVD nav system and didn't mention anything about it not having a damn face. Otherwise, if anyone wants a DVD Nav without a face (perhaps if you want to upgrade your CD based system to a DVD based one), I'll sell it.
you have a PM, I am interested

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F'in sh!t. He won't take it back and he claims he made it clear in his post that it didn't have a face plate. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3952808 was the post and I've read it over and over again and I just can't see where he made it clear.
He says he's going to look for a faceplate next week. It would be awesome if he finds one. If he doesn't, this guy has something coming for him.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get him to take it back? Any support and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

In case he edits the original post, here it is:

vettedriver32 said:
Cleaning up around the garage and I have these extra CTSV items for sale.
Call for more details or send email for pics. All prices do not include shipping, so send zip code for shipping calculation.

1. Center Dash Display Unit for the Radio, NAV system and DIC.... Complete unit, removed when we made the car into a race car. $650 SOLD
2. Stock Exhaust from Cats Back. Includes Mufflers. $100
3. Door shells. PAinted Pearl White. LF, LR and RR available... $350
4. Stock radiator $100
5. AC condensor $100
6. Stock Drivers seat. Tan leather. $300
7. Stock driver and passenger seats. Grey. $650
8. Upper Control arms. Left Side. $100
9. Sunroof unit. Complete with glass. $250
10. Headliner for sunroof car. Very clean, in box. $100
11. Front Brake Calipers. Left and Right. New, Still in box. Oem $148.... Sell for $90 each. SOLD
12.Stock ABS Contoller unit. $500
13. Stock 2004 Waterpump. New $100
14. Front shock. New Still in box. $65
15. Tow hooks... $110 per set
16. Spindle ducts 145 per set
17. Crawford front brake coolng ducts ducts $450 per front set...
18. FRONT BRAKE ROTORS. Very good condition. $50 each.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
It says 'complete unit'. How complete is it without the buttons and knobs! Is he selling the 'complete car' without a steering wheel, too? Ans why would he remove the faceplate in the first place????

·
Registered
292 Posts
I see no reason why he would take the faceplate off, maybe he already sold that to someone else. The guy sounds like a jerk, it doesnt say anything in his post about not having a faceplate. If he wont take the unit back, maybe he will at least give you a portion of your money back, and then you can sell it and break even. :)

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't that it wasn't a complete nav unit.

As far was getting some of my money back, he said no way. He claims it is worth a lot more...yea right. I'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If its "worth alot more" he should be happy to take it back and sell it with the proper description.

Maybe you should enlighten the forums members over on ls1tech, let them know what happned and to beware of this seller and his shady descriptions. His thread would be a perfect place to do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
False advertising or fraud whichever you want to call it, this guy needs to be exposed. :mad:
If you paid by credit card refuse the charge until a compromise is made. You might have to go the small claims court route if you paid cash or check.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I paid by charge. I'm on hold with MC to dispute the transaction.

I'm going to give this guy a chance to make good on the deal by finding me a face plate before I do anything to expose him. If he calls me next week and tells me he can't do anything, then I'll do as you guy suggested: expose him on ls1tech.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with this phrase but I hope I don't get Wenzeled.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
damn that sucks man...and he charged you quite a bit for a nav with no faceplate!!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Make a PDF of the advertisement; hopefully, you charged it on your credit card--contact your credit card company and immediately dispute the charges. If it's a check, you're screwed. His ad was disingenuous.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SoCadillac said:
Make a PDF of the advertisement; hopefully, you charged it on your credit card--contact your credit card company and immediately dispute the charges. If it's a check, you're screwed. His ad was disingenuous.
I made a screen shot of the ad and saved it as a tif file if I need to show proof later. MC agreed to credit me back the amount and will deal with the merchant. Looks like everything will work out fine...well minus the fact that I still have no OEM DVD Nav to play around with.

Thanks for the support guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yomommas said:
do you get to keep the nav?
Probably not. It's up to the merchant. It is now their responsibility to get the Nav unit from me. I offered to pay for return shipping but since he refused and forced me to go to MasterCard, the burden is now on them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts