Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about one week, I noticed that my Recaro seat would move slightly laterally under hard cornering, 0.8 g or more. This would be accompanied by a slight clunk, that could be felt in the thigh bolster if not always heard. It would not move to the other side unless I cornered hard in the opposite direction, and then not always. It has been getting a bit worse, so I took it in to the dealer. They explained that the seat rails were designed so as not to rock laterally. Then they found a TSB for non-Recaro seats that move laterally and clunk. It says it's not for the Recaros, but the problem is identical to what I'm experiencing. The fix is a special washer that goes on the forward attachment bar on the seat bottom, and it appears to take up the slack that's really not supposed to be there.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? So far it's the only issue with the car. The dealer is ordering the part. The only thing that makes me nervous about this fix is that it says it's not for the Recaros. The dealer seems pretty sure that the seat attachments are the same for all of the seats. I guess we'll see.

By the way, this is not the rocking that has been reported by others with the Recaros.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto
144 Posts
no problems here- not sure if rails are the same though- my m3 "recaro-style" seats though exhibited the same creaking/lateral movement

1 - 3 of 3 Posts