Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida and with the heat here the one thing I must have in my cars are cooled seats. I have searched and can't seem to find if the Recaro seats are ventilated or cooled. I know you can't get the cooled seats in any other ATS models but I am keeping my fingers crossed I can order them in a ATS-V. Can anyone confirm if they are or are not cooled?

This is my first post here and I hope to be ordering a ATS-V later this year if I can get cooled seats and the blue color.

John

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Ventilated using fans that draw cabin air through the perforations in the suede insert of the seat 'if' they are going to be constructed the same as the V2

Recaro cutaway_1_1.jpg

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Wow, nice answer, but you didn't have to cut up your seat for it though............... :)

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
The Recaros in the ATS-V will not be available in Blue. It'll be in Black w/Black insert, Black with "gold" insert, and a Beige/Beige.

No word on ventilation or the supposed headlight washers as seen in press photos.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
They had better be cooled. That's standard nowadays like a flat bottomed steering wheel.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Flat bottom wheel. It's not F1 tight...

----------

Why not get tiny wheels and big tires since they use those in F1?

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
They had better be cooled. That's standard nowadays like a flat bottomed steering wheel.
I just read in the 'other forum' a post by a forum member/Cadillac salesman that the Recaros in the ATS-V will NOT be cooled - only heated, in explaining why they will be priced significantly less than the $3400 charged in the CTS-V.

If that turns out to be factual it would be a horrible decision by GM.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^Yeah, we know those fans are really heavy and expensive.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
anytime someones pet feature is left off it's suddenly GM's horrible decision (full disclosure i'm not immune from this either)

EVERY car can't have EVERY thing

it's not GM's fault some of us chose to live where swamp butt is common, same thing goes for those of us in snowy places wanting AWD V's not getting all the good sporty stuff all year long is part of the deal living in places where you can over experience SEASONS

I get you like Cooled seats, so do I .....horrible decision? hardly,.... most of us have done fine our whole lives without them...the AC has done the trick for all that time....as cool as i think they are (pun intended) lack of cooled seats could never get in the way me buying of a great car...unless of course i develop a malady that makes air blown up my keister a medical necessity

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
The ATS-V won't have cooled seats because most of the competition(like the M3/4) doesn't offer it either. I had the Recaros on my CTS-V, and they were cooled. I found that because of the Alcantera upholstery, there really wasn't much need for the cooling feature, due to the excellent breathing of the fabric. Further, the efficacy of the fans was muted by the fabric, seeming to act as a diffuser. My previous CTS had leather and cooling, and the effect was much more pronounced (and necessary). Since all of the ATS-Vs will have the cloth, I really don't think it will be a big short-coming, even in hot and humid climates like the southeast, IMHO.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I just read in the 'other forum' a post by a forum member/Cadillac salesman that the Recaros in the ATS-V will NOT be cooled - only heated, in explaining why they will be priced significantly less than the $3400 charged in the CTS-V.

If that turns out to be factual it would be a horrible decision by GM.
So the new CTS-V will be at or over $80K new, AND another multi-K option for Recaros????????? Wow, they better plan o some discounts then or Dodge will take over the performance sedan market easily.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
So the new CTS-V will be at or over $80K new, AND another multi-K option for Recaros????????? Wow, they better plan o some discounts then or Dodge will take over the performance sedan market easily.
Stop being crabby.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
more power to them...if they ever see fit to make a performance sedan....heavy Daimler spare parts bin based Muscle Car that is an amusing waste Dodge has down pat

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
anytime someones pet feature is left off it's suddenly GM's horrible decision (full disclosure i'm not immune from this either)

EVERY car can't have EVERY thing

it's not GM's fault some of us chose to live where swamp butt is common, same thing goes for those of us in snowy places wanting AWD V's not getting all the good sporty stuff all year long is part of the deal living in places where you can over experience SEASONS
Personally I love my RWD in all the snow we've had. I rarely get stuck or have issues and the "fun factor" of just sliding it around at 10mph on empty roads is worth it - the "smiles per mile" is off the scale.

In summer when its 90 out I'm okay without cooled seats - just let me triple tap the unlock button or something to roll down the windows. I want leather, I sometimes have to deal with the consequences. Just like heated rear seats. 90% of the time there's nothing back there anyway and I rarely take more than one person with me anywhere - so why do I need heated rear seats when they're always empty? (And when I have little ones they'll be in car seats anyway...)

That said the change/feature I notice the most is the all-black door/dash construction. My Morello red interior has red seats, door panels, and dash - and while I can see them changing that and reducing the amount of red, I personally have grown to love it and think the ATS-V is just too dark inside unless you get the "beige" interior (which I hate).

The whole luxury segment (all brands are guilty of this) to make your color choices black/silver/white exterior or black/gray/beige interior is boring as heck and I can't stand it.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
i have Morello red too...easily the best interior....this interior with red calipers = no brainer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts