Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 CTS is at dealer as we speak for heated seat recall and and steering bolt recall. I'm having the smelly ac issue looked into while BB warranty is still in affect. Asked dealer to check battery since the car is 5 yrs old. They said that it did not meet standards so, it will be replaced.
Car was starting fine and I had no issues, just went with a hunch since most batteries don't last much longer then 5 yrs. Cab filter being replaced too. Also, was given 2019 XTS with 2000 miles on it as a loaner. All on GM's dime. Cadillac experience so far could not be better.

I'll let u know how things turn out when I pick up the CTS. Dealer is Frankel Cadillac in Md.

·
Registered
14 CTS 2.0T, (traded 08 CTS 3.6)
139 Posts
My 2014 is at ~58M now and past 48 months of ownership and I just got another “last chance” to extend the factory warranty email. I haven’t been tracking the cost to see if it’s gotten cheaper, but it’s still available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2012 911S Cab., 2003 Avey Z66
649 Posts
E-mail Dennis at [email protected] . He sells the GMEPP (GM) extending warranty at a heavy discount. I have purchased from him on my Corvettes and other GM vehicles. It is a great warranty and you can pick and chose the time / mileage that fits your needs.

·
Registered
2014 CTS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update: I have my CTS back. No charge for anything. They did try to hit me up for a 4 wheel alignment. Told me my run flats are showing wear indicative to needing a alignment. Funny, it was not showing the supposed wear about 3000 miles ago when the oil was changed. Car has 13,000 miles total. Also, the security settings (auto lock) did change when they did the so called recall fix as another has mentioned in a previous post. Very easily fixed by going into the menu and resetting things.

Was not impressed with the loaner 2019 xts. The XTS had the 3.6 but, it was only 304 hp without mag ride and you could feel the difference. Why did they drop the 3.6 from 321 hp down to 304 hp? I thought I was in a 4 banger until I saw the 3.6 badge on the trunk. I might as well have been driving a Chevy.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
254 Posts
The FWD setup in the 3.6 XTS does not breath as well as our RWD CTS. Different intake and exhaust paths.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts