Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray Chromaflair CTS-V coupe
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to the dealer for the recall. When I picked the car up, I noticed the leather on the passenger seat seemed "loose" and had folds in it. My 2005 only has 33,000 miles on it and has almost no wear on the front passenger seat.

I took the car back to the dealer and showed them the problem. They said the technician who installed the new sensor put the seat back together and they would now have their "leather guy" fix it for me.

I got the car back and although the front thigh support was perfect (like it was before), the bottom "wings" of the seat have large pleats in them.

Anyone else having problems getting their car back with the passenger seat as pure as it was when you dropped the car off?

Mike (anyone had custom leather replacements on the seats?)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
When you take the seat covers off, you have to basically fold them back and be careful not to leave them in a crinkled position for too long or it will permanently crease the leather. The airbag trim ring usually holds the (upper) cover on. The bottom can be taken off completely. I've had mine peeled back 5 times or so..

In addition, if the velcro under the seams is not lined up perfectly when putting the covers back on, there can be ripples in the leather. The bottom cushion can be particularly difficult to get back on correctly.

What probably happened to you is some genius tech half assed the job and they just gave it back to you with a straight face. Unfortunately this is the protocol at 99%? of gm dealerships. Ok, maybe only 98%.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
20 Posts
I had the same service two weeks ago. After I read your post, I went out to the garage to check the seat out. The "service airbag" warning cleared up, but they did not reinstall the seat cover correctly. It looks fine from the top, but the tech didn't reattach the front clips that hold the seat cover to the seat frame. If I can't get them reattached myself, I'll be taking it back to make them do the job right. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts