Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD previously, '18 CTS AWD
361 Posts
I had been signed up with GM owners center since I got the car, but never put the VIN in. I put the VIN in today and don't see any recalls for my 09 CTS4. I would assume it looked for active recalls.

·
Registered
CTS4 3.6DI, Black
120 Posts
I called the number provided in the link Z71 provided and talked to a service representative. They said that my CTS was not subject to this recall. It's a 2010 AWD with the 3.6DI engine and was built at the Lansing plant on Feb 24th, 2010. I was asked for the last 8 digits of my VIN twice during the process just to be sure there was no notice on the vehicle. It would seem that this recall does not include all 2009-2010 CTS models. Perhaps it's just RWD models?

I'm going to take the car in to my local GM dealer anyways in the next few days since I swear one of the rear wheels looks like it's toe'd inward a bit at the top and I've had two other people notice it as well. I thought this might have been a symptom of the recall but apparently it's not.

-dolynick

·
Registered
09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere
404 Posts
I called Cadillac directly at 866 982 2339. I was also asked for the last 8 digits of my VIN number. Apparently, it does not affect my car. It's a 2009 RWD non-DI that was built on 03/2009.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just picked up 2011 awd on monday. the car was all over the highway, as if there were 50 mph cross winds. it's funny because i used to have a 1993 dodge stealth with rear wheel steering, and yesterday i was saying that it felt like the back wheels are moving. calling cadillac today hoping they don't give me a hard time. there is definitely something wrong with this car.

·
Registered
2019 Cadillac XT5 Platinum 2020 XT4 Premium Luxury
66 Posts
I called the toll free number this morning - it's all automated. Based on my phone number, they knew we had a 2009 CTS4 and 2010 Acadia. They confirmed there was no open recall for either vehicle. It's nice that it's automated, but probably would be more reassuring if it were a live person to talk to....

·
Registered
12 Posts
if u press 0 u can talk to someone. that's what i did this morning, and they set my appt. up at my local dealer (i didn't buy my car there) my car wasn't part of any recall... the tech was great, told me he knew of the recall, and nothing was loose..
he said he felt the swaying at highway speeds, and that the front alignment was out a hair on the front, but really shouldn't change much. i felt a little difference though.. im going to drop my tire pressure down to 32 psi. maybe that will hunker it down a little.

·
Registered
CTS
5 Posts
It's specific to the 2009 & 2010 CTS, and was issued on 11 February. My dealer says they will have the fix available on 24 March. There is also a glove box recall for AWD vehicles. Go to recalls.gov to check your particular car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts