Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing some research before I pull the 1976 500ci in my Chevy malibu (gbody). I am planning to do a basic rebuild but was curious what small things you'd recommend while rebuilding to hop it up for not a ton of extra cash.

It's completely stock right now but was planning on an edelbrock intake and replacing the quadrajet on top but what else should I do? What cam do you like for a fun street cruiser?

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From my experience on here, the most effective way to get worthwhile replies on a topic as this will be to appreciate that absolutely everyone will want to know what research you've done on your own already. Have you found the business that specializes in rebuilding those old giant Cady motors to see what their popular packages include?

Since the most important feature will be installing that mill in a 'non-Cady', then a default '1st pass' would be to comb G-body forums for similar swaps. Here's the one I frequent for my MCSS: MonteCarloSS.com Message Board - Forums powered by UBB.threads

Even the most rudimentary basics and background will go far in returning you the best advice from wise old sages here, v. just high elevation idle rambling chat. "A ton of extra cash" means a lot of different things to people, so what's the budget? You doing the work? A shop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The swap into the Gbody has already been done. It runs and drives (or rather, it did - the car is now taken apart for the build). I've been on the couple cad 500 performance part company sites as well browsing. Just curious what others would do to a stock 500 for a street cruiser. I know these are pretty low compression, so what are the recommendations to push that up a bit to 9:1 or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts