Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 srx
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear windshield wiper does not squirt any liquid. Is there a separate reservoir for it or could it be plugged? I filled the front reservoi.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Might have air in the line from running when low. Only 1 reservoir, the rear pump is higher than the WS as a safety feature. Check Lake Cadillac- if it smells like washer fluid the line broke in the body/hatch connector (right side). And :welcome: to the forum

·
Registered
('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD
1,049 Posts
Odds are that the connector came loose inside the rear hatch. It's behind the hatch trim panel.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
336 Posts
I hit my rear washer button and had fluid come out somewhere around the passenger side area, on my wifes feet. It's cold out so I haven't gotten up in there to see what would've happened.

12,778 Posts
Dabberqueen and Sheepish, I'm sorry you both have been experiencing these aggravations with your windshield washer fluid. Please let me know if you would like me to investigate further for you and check my resources for any helpful details. I'm available via email at [email protected], and including the last eight of your VIN in your message would help my research greatly.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
2,005 Posts
The reservoir under the hood has to handle more that one duty, so it is LARGE. Holds a gallon!!!

BTW......on the topic of this system, can one adjust the aim of the front windshield pair of nozzles mounted on the hood without removing the inside-the-hood insulation? Mine squirt too low, hitting just above the base of the windshield, but I fear the reason is that the nozzles are partially clogged. I gotta drive pretty fast to let the wind get the washer fluid up where I need it.

PJ

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
2,005 Posts
Thanks, Whiplash. I will give that a try as soon as the temperatures here get above 14 in the daytime.:crying:

PJ

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
I'd be careful, manual sounds like a fitted hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts