Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the right rear window regulator about a year ago. About a month ago, the window would not go up and down. When I press the window switch from the master control, the door module clicks when pushed up or down but not on the right rear door. I bought a new regulator and motor for it and plugged it in, but that motor is not working either on that door.
Also, I recently replaced the left regulator with a new one on saturday and it was working fine. Today I pushed the switch and it went down. When I went to put it up, it also clicked in the door module when I pushed the switch up and down on the master but also on that door.
Are both of these related? Could it be the door modules? Should I try to reset by disconnecting the battery for 15-20 min?

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Does the switch on the door not work. Do you hear a click on the switch when you push it. Also you might wanna get a diagram for you cars wiring put a voltometer on the wires push the swich to see if you get a voltage you might have a bad switch or connector

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Ok post your results in what you find

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
My 2000 DeVille has the same issue only on the left rear door. When I wiggle the wires in the door jam I can get it to work sometimes. My question is where is the door pin on these cars? Is it a contact that is in the wiring harness? I think there is a connection issue which causes the problem. I see a bunch of people have this issue.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Its the harness than connects all the wires to the switch they go bad sometimes

·
Registered
2003 deville
3 Posts
My window won't go up or down either. How did you get the rear door panel off to get to the regulator and see what is wrong. My window seems to be off the track as I can hear the motor running and when I pull it up by hand and then push the switch to have it go down while I am holding it, it actually pulls it down but it won't push it up. Help

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
My window won't go up or down either. How did you get the rear door panel off to get to the regulator and see what is wrong. My window seems to be off the track as I can hear the motor running and when I pull it up by hand and then push the switch to have it go down while I am holding it, it actually pulls it down but it won't push it up. Help
I can guarantee you one thing...it's not off the track. You got a broken regulator...common problem. Look in the Cadillac tech Tips section of the board for everything you ever wanted to know about window regulators a link to the best R & R is below.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ille-window-regulator-motor-repair-howto.html

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Go to the link I posted above... click on the PDF file link in the first post. It gives a step by step removal of door panel instructions with pictures for a 2001 front passenger side door. The rear on an 03 will be very similar.

·
Registered
None
3 Posts
Try wiggling the door harness while operating the switch these harnesses are A common point of failure.The best method of repair is to solder and heat shrink.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,106 Posts
This thread has been dead for almost 5 years - the OP and most respondents aren't here any more.

I activated your account - see if the reply e-mail from AutoGuide is in your spam box. Is your birthday really in 1940, and is your time zone correct ? Do you own a Cadillac ? Please use the Settings tab to update your profile to reflect accurate information.

·
Registered
None
3 Posts
I am A 25 year gm technician who now runs A service department for A used car dealer.I ran into this site doing diag on rear windows.I didn't reply to offend.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
You didn't offend anyone. We simply pointed out that you offered a suggestion to a 5 year old question that surely has been solved by now.

·
Registered
2000 DTS
3 Posts
So I am reviving the thread once again... I have a 2000 Deville DTS. The only working window is the passenger side front door, the other 3 are not doing anything. I put 12v to each motor and they are all operational. Now I am also experiencing 0 mirror control with this. I pulled a control module from the junk yard to see if I would get lucky. I pulled a drivers door module as well as a rear door module. I have checked all of the fuses which are all good as well. I have read in other forums that these cars have a ground wire breakage issue. Anyone have any ideas where to look next. This car is becoming a real headache and I am only into it for $500.

Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,255 Posts
So I am reviving the thread once again... I have a 2000 Deville DTS. The only working window is the passenger side front door, the other 3 are not doing anything. I put 12v to each motor and they are all operational. Now I am also experiencing 0 mirror control with this. I pulled a control module from the junk yard to see if I would get lucky. I pulled a drivers door module as well as a rear door module. I have checked all of the fuses which are all good as well. I have read in other forums that these cars have a ground wire breakage issue. Anyone have any ideas where to look next. This car is becoming a real headache and I am only into it for $500.

Thanks
==========================
the windows are NOT directly controlled by the switches -
the switch sends the signal through the DDM - the DDM returns the signal to the respective regulator - thus moving the window -

double check the DDM fuse under the back seat -

as Rodnok said - the wiring harness fails where it goes into the doors -

check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here -
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ldorado-forum/138258-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are Current or History -

for code definitions - go here -
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dtccode.html

·
Registered
2000 DTS
3 Posts
Here is a complete list of all codes, current as well as history. I have taken the time to sort them out to improve responses. I am guessing broken wire at this point but I wont be able to look into this further until weather improves and I have free time from work. I do want to thank everyone for the input, I've read over the various comments on this issue here as well as other forums but I am still frustrated that I cannot find this power gremlin.

DDM U1000 CURRENT
DIM U1000 CURRENT
IPM B0249 CURRENT
IRC U1000 CURRENT
LRD U1000 CURRENT
MSM B1850 CURRENT
MSM U1000 CURRENT
PCM P0300 CURRENT
PDM U1000 CURRENT
RIM U1000 CURRENT
RRD U1000 CURRENT
TTM U1000 CURRENT