Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to get one of those sun shade screens for the rear window so my new born can ride with more comfort.

I'm not really interested in tinting the windows cause its more expensive and my CTS is a lease so that may cause issues when I return the car...

So do you know if there is any sun shade screen that will fit the CTS?

Thanks
Gaspar

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Are you talking about the small sunscreens with the suction cups at the corners. I've seen many of those. I would think and large dept store would have them in the automotive dept.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Gaspar said:
Hi,
I need to get one of those sun shade screens for the rear window so my new born can ride with more comfort.

I'm not really interested in tinting the windows cause its more expensive and my CTS is a lease so that may cause issues when I return the car...

So do you know if there is any sun shade screen that will fit the CTS?

Thanks
Gaspar
Most dealers would appreciate the fact you tinted the car, as long as it is done right. If you plan on just the rear window, it should be less than $80 to tint it.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
if it does cause problems with the lease, tint can be easily removed also, but I do not think it will cause any problems like onephatguy commented.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Caddy Man said:
but I do not think it will cause any problems like onephatguy commented.
what fat guy? :canttalk:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's great!
It's good to know the dealer won't mind. I'll call tomorrow just to get the Ok from them (and I'll get them to send me an email or some kind of proof) and for about ~$80 bucks I can handle that!
I rather do the tiniting than those shades with suction cups that look not so great...

Thank you all!
Gaspar

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Gaspar said:
That's great!
It's good to know the dealer won't mind. I'll call tomorrow just to get the Ok from them (and I'll get them to send me an email or some kind of proof) and for about ~$80 bucks I can handle that!
I rather do the tiniting than those shades with suction cups that look not so great...

Thank you all!
Gaspar
Gaspar,
I agree..the suction cups are real tacky. I didn't want to hurt your feelings on the git go, knowing you were a new member :yup:

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert,
Thanks for the consideration... I won't mind if someone says something not very nice, I mean I ask this question in a forum full of Caddy owners so I expect someone will jump at my throat for even considering such aberration (same in the Porsche forums).
One thing I promise: I'll try to stay away from the SpongeBob sunshade for as long as possible.. ;)

-Gaspar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts