Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUXURY II
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a vendor who makes window side curtains? I want some. One, so I can close out the sun and the second because no one else has any, and I like stuff like that. I have a wonderful material in coco brown that matches the interior, I looked into the rail and bead guides and wonder if it'd gonna be a do it yourself project.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Other than custom vans and hearses, I've never seen curtains in a car. Shouldn't be too hard to fab something up. In the case of the hearse, there are metal bars at the top and bottom of the window with two tines on the end - think shrimp fork. Then there are metal snap buttons around the window. The curtains have the male part of the snaps, the door the female. The curtains are looped on top and bottom, go over the metal bars, snap in place to keep them steady. My car is a 1992, and by the time I got it, the curtains, which were super heavy duty material, were reduced to sun-bleached rags. If it isn't material intended to withstand prolonged direct sunlight, probably won't last too long.
The older hearses used a simpler set-up - just some curtain hanger hooks, and the curtain rods were often made from the same metal tubing that brake lines are made from. That may be an option if you want to go through with it. However, unless you're going for some kind of particular "look" I'm just not familiar with, I'd probably suggest just getting a really good professional tint job.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUXURY II
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...with curtain track and 3M tape if I do it I want it to be removable back to stock..Home depot has some ideas too.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Guido if you decide to go ahead with the project ..... be sure to have monograms embroidered on them.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUXURY II
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The DHS shades are beyond my skill level for sure....I found cocoa brown curtain track that is cheap and would allow the car to be returned to stock by removal. I really wouldn't care but I do haul a baby back there sometimes. And I look for projects to take up my time. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts