Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im picking up my ext in a few days. last time i was at the dealer for the final test drive, i noticed that the back window (above the box) had the rubber misaligned. When i asked why the rubber was off kilter the salesman shrugged it off and said when the glass was taken out and reinstalled the guy who did it didnt put the rubber back on it properly, he said it was nothing at all. I took his word for it, i didnt even know the back window came in and out like that, but i dont wanna see something wrong with this when i get it home

anyone know about this? are there any problems when taking out the glass and puting it back in?

IN short, the rubber around the window looks like shit lol. hope you guys get what im saying, thanks

·
Registered
2007 EXT
504 Posts
Ya the back rubber trim can warp over time seen it on many Ext and Avalanches. Tell dealer you want a new seal.
Sent from Android.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Best thing to do is get up there, remove the glass and put it back in with the salesman's help. If it doesn't fit back properly after realigning it, ask for a new seal. The last thing you want is water leakage in your 30k truck's interior.

12,877 Posts
brentspatriots, I would agree with the suggestions above. Having this issue addressed by the dealership would be your best option for this issue. If you have any other problems or have any questions feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brentspatriots, I would agree with the suggestions above. Having this issue addressed by the dealership would be your best option for this issue. If you have any other problems or have any questions feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service
thanks for the ideas everyone, Is the rubber a fairly inexpesive item to buy? Is it hard to install? Where im going with this is, Ive kinda been a pest with the dealer, We've been negotiating price for over a week back and fourth, we settled alot lower than what they asked. They replaced the struts ($1100) they replaced brakes, the rearview mirrors are currently being upgraded to all chrome, rather than chrome and black plastic, the whistling noise (that everyone knows the 07 ext's have) has been guaranteed to be fixed, and a tiny dent in the front hood is to be repared. All these small things were part of my demands as well as nearly 3k less than asking price. I just dont wanna be the guy that pesters the salesman beyond what i should have. I feel like a got a pretty good deal and I thought they were very fair and honest with what needed servicing with the optimal cadillac certification. What do you guys think about it? After all this..can i really ask the dealer to address the rubber too? Or am i getting greedy lol

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
thanks for the ideas everyone, Is the rubber a fairly inexpesive item to buy? Is it hard to install? Where im going with this is, Ive kinda been a pest with the dealer, We've been negotiating price for over a week back and fourth, we settled alot lower than what they asked. They replaced the struts ($1100) they replaced brakes, the rearview mirrors are currently being upgraded to all chrome, rather than chrome and black plastic, the whistling noise (that everyone knows the 07 ext's have) has been guaranteed to be fixed, and a tiny dent in the front hood is to be repared. All these small things were part of my demands as well as nearly 3k less than asking price. I just dont wanna be the guy that pesters the salesman beyond what i should have. I feel like a got a pretty good deal and I thought they were very fair and honest with what needed servicing with the optimal cadillac certification. What do you guys think about it? After all this..can i really ask the dealer to address the rubber too? Or am i getting greedy lol
Uhh, I would not accept any car with a leak. Trust me, the dealer paid way less for the truck than you or I could ever hope to imagine, especially in the current economy... Like I said, remove it, then put it back and pour some water over it at least to make sure it won't leak. No one should ever expect to receive a car with a leaky window!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ofcourse if it were a leaking window, id have them replace it, I was just saying if its a cosmetic imperfection, i may let it slide and replace it myself,

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
ofcourse if it were a leaking window, id have them replace it, I was just saying if its a cosmetic imperfection, i may let it slide and replace it myself,
Well it doesn't hurt to ask, but if it really IS just cosmetic, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me at all, and I wouldn't make too much of it. Problem is, you won't KNOW if it's just cosmetic until the first good rainstorm hits or you hit it with some water somehow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts