Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 CT4-V Blackwing MT, 2014 CTS Vsport
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '22 Blackwing and the rear windows will not 'express-up'. The rears will express-down and the fronts will go up & down with one touch. I assume it's a safety feature, but I'd still like to move them up with one touch. Any clues on how to do this?

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
Have you checked your manual to confirm if the express feature is an option for the rear windows? If it is, then they need to be programmed as outlined in the manual.

· Premium Member
2022 CT4-V Blackwing MT, 2014 CTS Vsport
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owners manual is a little ambiguous but they do have a procedure for programing the windows. That didn't help so I looked up the RPO codes and sure enough
"AEQ: Power windows, rear express down"
Other RPO codes I have do specifically call out driver and passenger up/down.
So, it's a no go on rear express-up.

· Registered
4 Posts
The plastic tabs that hold the actual glass to the window regulator are likely broken, or damn close. Had the same problem with my car, but couldn't buy just the stupic plastic tabs, had to buy a whole new regulator. Though it was a bit pricey, did it for way cheaper than a shop myself and was able to find instructions and parts all on the internet. Worth checking out autopartswarehouse.com for parts, but you may want to take the inside panel out of your door and take a quick look at what's actually broken in there first.

· Registered
2020 CT4 Sport AWD
4 Posts
I have a '22 Blackwing and the rear windows will not 'express-up'. The rears will express-down and the fronts will go up & down with one touch. I assume it's a safety feature, but I'd still like to move them up with one touch. Any clues on how to do this?
I confirmed that the CT4 does not have an express up function on any model from the base to the blackwing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.