Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me '08 STS-V has some broken elements in the defroster grid and unfortunately, has tint film on the glass. Both a tint shop and a glass shop told me that it is nearly impossible to remove the baked on tint without causing major damage to the remaining grid and that grid repair won't last. Both shops are suggesting replacing the rear window. Problem is that the rear window is a dealer only part (according to the glass shop) and I expect it to be very expensive so I'd like to find scrap yard glass. So is the rear window a different part in the V from the standard STS? What is the correct part number and does anyone know if the same part number was used for all years?

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
My new to me '08 STS-V has some broken elements in the defroster grid and unfortunately, has tint film on the glass. Both a tint shop and a glass shop told me that it is nearly impossible to remove the baked on tint without causing major damage to the remaining grid and that grid repair won't last. Both shops are suggesting replacing the rear window. Problem is that the rear window is a dealer only part (according to the glass shop) and I expect it to be very expensive so I'd like to find scrap yard glass. So is the rear window a different part in the V from the standard STS? What is the correct part number and does anyone know if the same part number was used for all years?
Check GM parts direct. ...they will tell you exactly what you need and the best price...
Me personally the maybe 3 times a year I use it doesn't make the cost of replacement worth it.....

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
He's gonna need it a bit more than that in MI.

Standard sts rear glass is the same.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yup, in Michigan we use the defrosters even if this is not my winter wagon. That said, I used GM Parts Direct to get the part number and found one at a local dismantler for $100. I am picking it up tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts