Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade Platinum
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Escalade have them, if not can one be retrofitted into the Nav system screen?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade Platinum
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A forum search has given me my first answer.... <d'oh>

Hmmm.. should be a fun hack.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The 07's have them, and many aftermarket systems can take a rear view camera. :)

·
Registered
2005 Escalade Platinum
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 07's have them, and many aftermarket systems can take a rear view camera. :)
Carl,

I was hoping for a "reasonably" price option that works through the nav/radio screen.

thank you again for your assistance.

david

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Not sure about the reasonable price part, but there are some aftermarket options, don't know if you have a lot of choice if you want to stay with stock items, you could probably find the Nav radio with camera option on E-Bay the cheapest, of try some local junk yards

·
Registered
2005 Escalade Platinum
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about the reasonable price part, but there are some aftermarket options, don't know if you have a lot of choice if you want to stay with stock items, you could probably find the Nav radio with camera option on E-Bay the cheapest, of try some local junk yards
I might consider the rear view mirror option. I spotted a 300 dollar unit that has half the mirror convert to an LCD screen.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I had seen a 'lade with the rear camera .The car came with factory OEM Navi and there was a camera in the middle of the high stop lamp .
As I recall, it was '05

1 - 7 of 7 Posts