Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear view camera is stuck in the on position. I also noticed that the reverse light is not coming on when in reverse. Any suggestions? 2018 XTS Luxury

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,849 Posts
With the transmission in Park, verify the rear camera is on and the reverse lights are illuminated. (That ought to make the driver behind you nervous at a stop light.) If both are enabled, you may have a bad Reverse switch.

When shifting into Reverse, verify the gauge cluster displays the Reverse selection., that may be another helpful symptom.

- I've removed but haven't taken this shift assembly apart, but there is an electrical connector attached to it that has more wires than those needed just to illuminate the shift indicator bezel (it also reports transmission gear selection to the Gauge Cluster.) The good news is, if the switch is bad, the assembly is cheap.

Pull the shift knob from the lever, remove the shift console cover, lift out and visually inspect the assembly beneath. Hopefully, it will be obvious.

CC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reverse light is not coming on at all. I was hoping for an easier fix. The car is still under warranty, so i will schedule with them. Do you know of a “reset” for the display?

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,849 Posts
There is a mythical CUE "reset" procedure that has been posted over the years. Even the CUE Guru at my dealership was aware of it. So I said, "Humor me and perform it." He tried. He failed.

To properly reset the CUE system, removing and re-applying primary power works consistently.

Yours is an interesting problem, (could be hardware or software) not previously reported. The software that controls the transfer from the infotainment screens switches the display to the camera feed full time, and the BCM (Body Control Module) which controls the lighting fails to activate the reverse lights. That's why I was hoping you would report the reverse lights were enabled, which would suggest the problem was transmission lever-related. The BCM may be suspect. I've gone through the current Cadillac TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) and none match these symptoms.

When you get it resolved, please report back and post the cause.

CC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts