Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  daddyscaddy 
#1 ·
I have a 1993 ElDorado and my mechanic tells me that my suspension is shot, rear that is, and the rubber is cracked and leaking, the new parts from the dealer will cost me about $1000.00, any clue if i can get this fixed for cheaper?

#3 · (Edited)
DjPiZdEtZ said:
I have a 1993 ElDorado and my mechanic tells me that my suspension is shot, rear that is, and the rubber is cracked and leaking, the new parts from the dealer will cost me about $1000.00, any clue if i can get this fixed for cheaper?
I believe i have the same problem. i checked around and it pretty much points to new struts. Cadillac is now replacing the original struts with the passive struts, for the 93 Eldo fronts are about $450, rears approx $270 (per pair), plus another 4-5 hundred for labor. Then they add the addapter to turn off the "service" message.

I did run into a site that has air ride suspension for cadillac - try www.strutmasters.com about $550 for all 4 wheels.

I do have a question, can you just replace the rear or the front? i think you have to replace it all at once if you are going from the air ride system to passive.

Any help? Corrections?

#4 ·
I had my work done at the dealer on my 93, and they just replaced the front struts with the passive ones, the back air ride still works like before. On the 93 it's called SSS (speed sensitive suspension/speed sensitive steering)... not sure if thats an option, or standard feature, but before the front struts went the car ran ultra smooth, but now you can feel the road a bit more.

#5 ·
my 90 deville rear were shot i went to advance auto parts they cost me 74.50 each and did the work myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.