Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1993 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched several posts with direct links to Gabriel shocks and replacement compressors. However, many of the threads are over 10 years old and the links are bad. Could someone help and point me to part numbers and manufactures so I can find these cross over parts? Thank you!
Mac

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,672 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

Which Cadillac ? Model, year, trim level. It sure helps to know what we're working on...............

Many members use Rock Auto for parts; www.gmpartsgiant.com or www.gmpartsdirect.com for part numbers.

You'll be happier with the Monroe replacements ...........

·
1993 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops I thought I put that in the post. It's a 1993 Sedan Deville.
Monroe? Are you talking about pulling all the caddy stuff out of the car front and rear? I've been reading that isn't a good path. It looks like less headache though.

·
1993 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm debating replacing the rear struts and compressor vs swap with a full kit. Most of the old threads here have expired links. My head is spinning with options.
The car is mint but the rear is down and drives really funky when you hit a dip in the road. 96k miles on it.
This car is for my daughter and I want it to be reliable (as possible) and predictable on the road.

Here is a photo BTW when we picked it up!
Yes I see the irony of the air ride truck in the background!

·
Administrator
70,672 Posts
That car does not have "air ride". It uses standard struts, shocks, and springs for suspension and the rear end incorporates GM ELC (Electronic Level Control) to compensate for extra weight in the trunk or rear seats. The "AC Delco" suspension parts were most likely sourced from several contractors, Monroe included. Many of today's "AC Delco" shock replacement are made by Gabriel and are not very satisfactory, ride-wise.

·
1993 Sedan Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Submariner, yep sorry about the incorrect label. Yes the ELC isn't working. I'd like to fix it, but I'm having trouble finding the correct parts. I believe the compressor is bad and likely the rear shocks are leaking as well.

So what do you recommend if you had this car and a blank slate?

Thank you all for the input!

·
Administrator
70,672 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts