Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
STS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2005 luxury performance RWD v8 STS (150k). The rear suspension gets bouncy on some roads. Normally I would replace the rear shocks but with the magnetic ride control could it be another issue.

Is there something else I should check out first before spending 900 on replacement shocks? The front seems to be very stable at this time. I have also adjusted the settings from sport to touring without a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8 4.6L
5 Posts
I am just running into this issue with my 2006 Cadillac STS 4.6 V8. I am going to the air shocks at $68 a piece off of ebay. My mechanic has done this to another one already and he said the vehicle he put it on rides smoother than silk.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8 4.6L
5 Posts
Yes. I am figuring since the vehicle has 115,000 miles on it I am not going to spend 1/6 of what I paid for the car on the rear suspension.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI - EU version
243 Posts
I think someone here said that it's doable, but that they don't like/approve of it, heh. Would that cause some issues then? The ECU thinking it has MRC and freaking out or whatnot.

Edit: Oh, it was something a bit different...
While I'm not a fan of it you can always bypass failed MRC.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
You can bypass MRC using the proper load resistor to prevent the car from being speed limited to 80 MPH.
You need to put a resistor in place for each shock you've swapped out ... IIRC you need a 3 OHM 50 watt resistor.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
You're giving up a premium feature to save less than a penny a mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts