Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado~1999 Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my compressor,when it is running it sounds weak.I'm only getting about half the body height off the wheel I used to get. The compressor seems to die before it pumps to the right height.I pulled the air lines off at the compressor,turned the ignitionon to the on position to run the compressor.while it's running i put my finger over the holes where the air comes out, let it build up pressure and when i let the pressure out, water/codensation comes out of it.I'm pretty sure thats not normal.Is there a way of getting all the water/condensation out of the compressor/system or does that tell me the compressor should be replaced?Also about how much PSI does the compressor pump?

Thanks Dennis

·
Registered
Cadillac
74 Posts
Im just going to post here instead of starting a new thread but I think i am having a similar problem...I noticed my back end sagging a little bit and this past weekend, i had two of my buddies in the back seat and whenever i would take a turn, i could here the rear tires rubbing against the inside of the wheel well...any help on this would be great...thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Not quite sure what to tell Dennii.

As for Jvegas, if the compressor is running, check the lines, connections & shock boots for leaks.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
I'm having a problem with my compressor,when it is running it sounds weak.I'm only getting about half the body height off the wheel I used to get. The compressor seems to die before it pumps to the right height.I pulled the air lines off at the compressor,turned the ignitionon to the on position to run the compressor.while it's running i put my finger over the holes where the air comes out, let it build up pressure and when i let the pressure out, water/codensation comes out of it.I'm pretty sure thats not normal.Is there a way of getting all the water/condensation out of the compressor/system or does that tell me the compressor should be replaced?Also about how much PSI does the compressor pump?

Thanks Dennis
How long does the compessor run? They time out eventually to avoid burning up. Also, condensation is a natural byproduct of compressing air - the same reason you have to drain a regular compressor tank periodically. In 99 Seville FSM it shows the compressor should maintain 100 PSI and there is an air dryer to remove condensation. If your air dryer is not working properly that may be affecting your ride height.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado~1999 Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How long does the compessor run? They time out eventually to avoid burning up. Also, condensation is a natural byproduct of compressing air - the same reason you have to drain a regular compressor tank periodically. In 99 Seville FSM it shows the compressor should maintain 100 PSI and there is an air dryer to remove condensation. If your air dryer is not working properly that may be affecting your ride height.
It will run at least 4-7 min or longer with air lines off but if i run it with the lines on maybe a 1-2 minutes.There was probably an 1oz. of water that i got out of it, that seems pretty much to me being its a small compressor.It definatly is not pumping 100psi.Thank you chubbyranger for the info.I found a rebuilt compressor at Suncor Industries for 145.00$.I think i'll invest in one and see what happens.Thanks again....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts