Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2016 CTS-V
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I purchased the carbon fiber aero kit for my 16 V, is there tips to removing the truck liner to gain access to the 8mm nuts to remove the stock rear spoiler. I think the hood vent and front spoiler/splitter should be a breeze, I hope. Any assistance or insight to these parts installation would be great appreciated, they arrive tomorrow!

v/r

Mike P.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lumbarepidural

Did you also change out your hood vent to the CF also? If so how were able to separate the plastic hood vent from the hood? That's got me stumped! I have my hood vent components disassembled but can't figure out how to separate the vent without break/damage the vent/hood!

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont think I have enough posts on here to send PMs to you, and the site changes my links that I post. You can retype/copy this link, and edit the spaces I put in. I used this thread to help me with everything related to the hood and wing. Hope this helps.

https://www. ********** .com/forum/152-2016-cts-v-talk/138697-sneaky-v-build-thread-v3-2.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since they wont let me send the link, change "cadillac" to "CTSV" in the link. love how this forums makes it hard for people to help each other out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally figured t out, I used an interior tool to pry out the plastic clips that held vent to hood. New CF vent came with new clips install was a breeze. Waiting on new third brake light assembly to install rear spoiler. For what we pay for this CF spoiler why doesn't include the mount hardware and brake light assembly!!

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
775 Posts
If anyone can post the exploded views/disassembly steps of the CF rear diffuser, CF rear spoiler, and gill vents, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m thinking of having the chrome trunk trim piece either painted to match the paint, or decaled in CF, and need to remove it.

I’m also currently in the process of having all the lettering, badges and emblems CF decaled, but with the caddy emblem/V-flags retaining their original colors. They split the badges, apparently. Need to get to the gill vents though...

Let you guys know how it looks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rboughne1

I just accomplished my CF aero part swap (hood vent, front splitter and rear spoiler). I'll try and attach the GM service manual info I received from another forum member if not able I'll get your personal email and send them to you that way. Not going to happen using the forum, send me a email at [email protected], I'll have the GM instructions you need.

Mike

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
775 Posts
Just installed my new emblems after CF decal/dipping. They’re EXCELLENT! Look like the real thing, but they retain all of the color in the “V-logo” badge and the front & rear emblems. Even match the factory CF PERFECTLY. Couldn’t be happier. Got ‘em from Deep Blue Chrome. Austin Huber is owner. Nice guy and is quick with good communication. [email protected] .

Side note: I had them do the chrome trim on the trunk over the license plate as well, but I’m not going to use it because it’ll be too much horizontal CF alongside the factory CF spoiler on the rear. Those with either a CF spoiler on a black car, or those with no CF spoiler on any color car, may like it. Willing to let it go...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DRL650

I used GMPARTS.com. Best prices and quality replace parts!!!! Let me know if you require part numbers.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts