Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 2012 CTS luxury sedan and was looking to maybe add some exterior upgrades to give the car a slightly sportier look. Is the E&G type II rear spoiler the only flush mounted type spoiler available now? I liked the D3 flush mount but that appears to have been discontinued...as well as their lower valence with dual single pipe exhaust which I like a lot (saw pictures of a white CTS with both installed).

I have been searching endlessly through google, and lots of pedestal mounts, but limited flush mounts. For rear valences, is E&G dual twin pipe and the CTS-V versions the only rear valence options for the sedan (I would have to convert to dual exhaust of course)?

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Paul,

Check on eBay, there are some different ones that are flush mount.

Marv

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Paul. I have been searching since last year too. I didn't like the one from Cadillac as it looks like a race car wing....wanted something subtle. I'm going with the E&G type 2 - getting it installed this week.

·
Registered
08' CTS 4
8 Posts
I was looking for something low pro and that didn't look out of place. I hated the oe high rise so i went with the e&g. I like the look and it was cheap(less than a $100 with paint)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Slinky....thanks for posting pixs of your spoiler. I have only seen 1 view of the spoiler on the E&G site. It was good enough to convince me to buy but your pixs show the profile I have not seen yet.

·
Registered
08' CTS 4
8 Posts
Anewbie my car is transitional blue metallic, so sometimes is silver sometimes is blueish. But i got my spoiler from a local e&g distributor. Custom auto options in elkhart in( 888-952-0312). I found his info off e&g's website. I work at the local cadillac parts department and i do business with him from time to time now and my paint shop sprayed it for me for a couple pizzas.

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
Anewbie my car is transitional blue metallic, so sometimes is silver sometimes is blueish. But i got my spoiler from a local e&g distributor. Custom auto options in elkhart in( 888-952-0312). I found his info off e&g's website. I work at the local cadillac parts department and i do business with him from time to time now and my paint shop sprayed it for me for a couple pizzas.
Hi Slinky716 Thank you for the reply! Lucky you :yup: ... CarID charges $145 unpainted, and +$106 for a handful of fixed colors, none of which matches my car (thunder grey). :suspense:

I have to say, again, the Spoiler looks really nice on your car. I am jealous.

·
Registered
2012 CTS
11 Posts
Slinky716 said:
I was looking for something low pro and that didn't look out of place. I hated the oe high rise so i went with the e&g. I like the look and it was cheap(less than a $100 with paint)
That looks great. Thanks for posting the pics... I think I am convinced now...Thunder Gray does not look all that much different from your color...at least in the picture. I guess the E&G factory picture in crystal red had me hesitating...it looks good on darker color cars.

·
Registered
Black CTS4
27 Posts
Will 2004-2007 flush mount Spoiler fit on 2008+

I love the look and have not found something similar for the 2008+

or can anyone recommend something else? The D3 one is hard to locate.

spoiler2-57.JPG

57.JPG

1 - 20 of 23 Posts