Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my 1990 DeVille's rear speaker on the drivers side isn't working properly. When I got the car, they made this noise like animals were rambling through a garbage bags or something. So I took the speakers out, inspected them, checked the wiring, cleaned them, then I put them back in. This time I swapped the sides that they were originally on. Recently, I began noticing that I didn't have all the bass I wanted. I got mad immediately. So today I take all that crap out to get to the speakers, then I notice that there is VERY VERY little sound coming from the speaker on the drivers side. There is an airy sound overriding the music. So I figure that it is the speaker itself, so I put the other one in on that side. Same thing happened. I figured that it is the wiring or something. Does anyone know what the problem is? What could I do to get this problem resolved? Hollywood needs bass man!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you have the factory bose sytem? speakers acting wierd is a normal happening for older bose systems.. if not what kind of head unit do you have? is the system stock(delco)

·
Registered
12 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
I got the factory system. It doesn't say Bose anywhere. The speakers say Delco Bose.
do the speakers say bose?
--"The speakers say Delco Bose"-- if it is the standard system, I don't have any idea off hand, my system is stock(regular delco speakers, and symphony sound head unit) and I have no idea how to fix it, but I know a lot about the bose system. :banghead: , I will get back to you if I can find anything. btw, if you are online now(8:24pdt) my AIM SN is dfb052686 and my msn IM is dennisburke77

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dfb052686 said:
do the speakers say bose?
--"The speakers say Delco Bose"-- if it is the standard system, I don't have any idea off hand, my system is stock(regular delco speakers, and symphony sound head unit) and I have no idea how to fix it, but I know a lot about the bose system. :banghead: , I will get back to you if I can find anything. btw, if you are online now(8:24pdt) my AIM SN is dfb052686 and my msn IM is dennisburke77
Yeah they say Delco Bose. The head unit doesn't say anything. It looks like the head unit that came with the car though. It has all that equalization stuff on there and a tape player. I don't know squat about the Bose system. I know the car is old and all, but I never liked Bose. I like aftermarket stuff!!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
Yeah they say Delco Bose. The head unit doesn't say anything. It looks like the head unit that came with the car though. It has all that equalization stuff on there and a tape player. I don't know squat about the Bose system. I know the car is old and all, but I never liked Bose. I like aftermarket stuff!!! :bouncy:
go to: www.carstereohelp.com and call the 800 number. DB, It is probably on of the amps(if it a gold series) or the main amp(if its the silver series) hope that helps... car stereo problems drive me nuts!!:bonkers: :mad: :banghead: :crying:

·
Registered
12 Posts
and also, if you like after market stuff, just replace the whole system, you can't use any individual part of a bose system without the rest, I would suggest a 1.5 din cd/cassette player for the best fit in the dash, and som decent 6x9's for good bass(eg. sony, apline, pyle, etc.) and some good front speakers for that "sparkling high" effect :) and if you want some stronger bass, I would say get either a set of enclosures for the 6x9's or a sub in the trunk, 10" is good for fortifying bass at all volumes, without the huge booooooooooooomy sound that you hear in people cars going up and down the streets. which by the way can get you a ticket

or if you want to keep the bose system(very expensive) go to http://www.carstereohelp.com

DB

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thanks man, I appreciate the help. I did contact those people the other day and they replied today with the same thing. It is most likely the amps. They want to charge me an arm and a leg for fixing the speakers though? Hmm? Yeah, I figured that it would be best if I did all the wire work for the Caddy. I am going to get some Audiobahn speakers for the front and the rear. They all come with the rubber surrounds and tweeters, and I can get a new pair from ebay for cheaper. I didn't know what DIN size to get, so thatks for clarifying that for me. I'll be getting a Kenwood head unit. Thanks again for the help!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
your very welcome, please send me a pic of the parts when installed, sounds very cool, btw: your caddy has:

6x9's in the back, and 4x6's in the front dashboard, and if the factory head unit is 3" tall(or really close) it is a 1.5 din.
glad I could help!!! :)
DB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts