Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94' Fleetwood Brougham
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, guys!
I had recently broke down rear right shock in my 94 FB, and i find in my city old new ACDelco shocks without paper box.
Only #'s i have found on shocks-2206557 on shocks' paper label and 22044455 on shocks' metall body.
Maybe somebody knows accordance above #'s with REAL parts#?

I suspected this shocks is genuine Fleetwood' shocks...

My broken shock was ACDelco $160 for each genuine, replaced back in 2011... Made in Mexico.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,728 Posts
I feel your pain. I installed the same shocks on my 94 Caprice wagon, and after 6 months, one of the piston covers was broken off and hanging down on the bottom mount.

·
Registered
94' Fleetwood Brougham
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now it's OK-new installed Monroe ma819 very surprisely for me MUCH MUCH more softer and better driving than Acdelco 504-110.
Thinking about front shocks replace with Monroe, despite front shocks genuine AcDelco and new installed in 2013

Very strange politics of GM about rear shocks with ELC...Why they do not use now original constraction with two nipples on the LH shock and one nipple on the RH shock?
It's more comfortable for reinstall in every way...

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood & 1993 Chevy C-1500
18 Posts
Now it's OK-new installed Monroe ma819 very surprisely for me MUCH MUCH more softer and better driving than Acdelco 504-110.
Thinking about front shocks replace with Monroe, despite front shocks genuine AcDelco and new installed in 2013

Very strange politics of GM about rear shocks with ELC...Why they do not use now original constraction with two nipples on the LH shock and one nipple on the RH shock?
It's more comfortable for reinstall in every way...

I have a shock job coming up on my 93 FWB... how did you run the hosing to compensate for the dual nipples on the LH shock?

Did you look into a Gabriel Hi Jacker equivalent before deciding on the Monroe?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,728 Posts
You need hose kit AK-16 (from memory...) to split the hoses. Others have reported that the Monroes are better than the Gabriels.

·
Registered
94' Fleetwood Brougham
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts