Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac SRX 4.6 V8 aut. AWD Sport Luxury '05 & Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6 aut. AWD Sport Luxury '09
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I'm on holiday with my CTS and yesterday the pressure tyre light went on: I lost connection with rear right wheel.
I tried the procedure to make a new connection (lock/unlock, inflate one tire starting from front drive side, etc...) without success.
Light is still on and no error in OBD.
What could be happened? It's time to change the sensor? It has an own battery?
Many thanks!
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Trip computer Gauge
Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,156 Posts
Hello guys, I'm on holiday with my CTS and yesterday the pressure tyre light went on: I lost connection with rear right wheel.
I tried the procedure to make a new connection (lock/unlock, inflate one tire starting from front drive side, etc...) without success.
Light is still on and no error in OBD.
What could be happened? It's time to change the sensor? It has an own battery?
Many thanks!
Sadly, it's time to replace the sensor - if these are the originals, they have done great service and are overdue to be replaced. When in-tire sensors were first introduced, the lifespan of these things was only five years whereas they presently last ten years - and more, depending on driving conditions and usage. I have used Dorman units and OEM (Delco) units for replacements and have had better experience with OEM. Check the manufacturing date BEFORE you install them (I once bought a batch of four through Amazon and had them installed at Costco; within days they started behaving erratically - they had just been sitting on a shelf for too many years and I had to replace them again).

I would also recommend (depending on the age of the sensors) that you consider replacing all four sensors

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,484 Posts
Yep, this ^^^

·
Registered
Cadillac SRX 4.6 V8 aut. AWD Sport Luxury '05 & Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6 aut. AWD Sport Luxury '09
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok..my CTS is a '09...

However...the situation above was yesterday...and also today, in the morning. Then, I travelled for 800 km and while I was driving, the TPMS light went off. At the moment the error is disappeared, and the sensor is working fine monitoring the pressure....weird...

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,156 Posts
Ok..my CTS is a '09...

However...the situation above was yesterday...and also today, in the morning. Then, I travelled for 800 km and while I was driving, the TPMS light went off. At the moment the error is disappeared, and the sensor is working fine monitoring the pressure....weird...
They can be intermittent for weeks but they never get 100% reliable once the battery starts to fade.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I thought... thanks for the advice ;)

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,484 Posts
Agree with NorthernSRX-- those sensors are on borrowed time.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
809 Posts
Ok..my CTS is a '09...

Doesn't matter. My GXP would give me readings on all four sensors, then I'd get the warning light and zero readings. Turned out it was just the right front sensor coming and going. Swapped it out, zero issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've checked on Rockauto website and I found several products, all programmed and only to apply the OE relearn procedure.
But I don't know if I need the 315 MHz or 433 MHz frequency....

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,156 Posts
The ones I bought for my '10 are 315 mHz but I will confirm a little later - I have an unopened bag stored in a box of parts on a high shelf in my garage.

·
Registered
Magoo—2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury, Opulent Blue, plus many more, see signature.
404 Posts
I recently replaced the ones on Magoo. 2012 Luxury, 3.0L. I went with the Standard Motor Products TPM45A units from RockAuto. They are 315MHz. No issues so far, but it's only been a couple months.

Past experience with Standard Motor Products TPMS sensors in other vehicles has been good, though. The "cloning" feature is handy if you have access to their cloning tool, and if your vehicle is finicky about new sensors. The CTS is so easy to register new sensors that I didn't bother with the cloning operation for Magoo, though.

Reactions: iamback

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,156 Posts
The bag on mine is marked as follows:

ACD# TPMS175K
GM# 19383804

And the unit itself is clearly marked 315 MHz - the markings are identical to the ones in this picture:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts