Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 sls
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since you gentlemen were so helpful with my questions about replacing my radiator fluid, I will tap your knowledge with another question.
The air line that connects my rear shocks is severed, and the driver side shock bad does not fill with air, hence it sits about 1 1/2" than the passsenger. I dont think its wise to repair the line, I'd prefer to avoid any complications and install a new line which is around $100 to purchase. How difficult is the replacement, and does it require any specialized tools. Thanks for your time.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
I am not sure about the difficluty but I doubt there are any specialized tools required. However, I would be willing to bet that either there is a repair kit available or you can make one up with some simple couplers from your local hardware store for much less than $100 and a lot less work.

·
Registered
98 sls
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I attempted to repair it initially. I installed a plastic tube which melted as a result of the exhaust. Subsequently I installed a new plastic tube, and slid a rubber hose over to protect from heat, but I suspect since the OE line is approx 1/8 OD, its difficult to get a good seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts