Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 cts-v 2015 escalade
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Has anyone had any problems with the rear seats rattling in the 2015 Escalade? Not the third row but the middle row, took mine in for first oil change and told the service adviser about this problem, Even told him what seat it was, His response was that the technicians don't like chasing noise issues, (Even after I told him what seat it was) I email the service manger and did not get a reply. $80,000 vehicle and they wonder why you don't come back, Can't wait for the GM survey.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Interesting.....no, I don't have a rear seat rattle issue , but if I did, my dealer would be more than willing to help resolve it! As I understand it....there are two types of Caddy dealers out there today.....those that are part of "another dealership" say, something like "Chevy/Caddy" and then there are the ones that GM would like to promote that are strictly Caddy and operate like a Mercedes dealer when it comes to appearances and dealing with the customer. I bought my Escalade at one of the exclusives ( 35 miles away ) rather than go to the local Chevy/Caddy place that treats all as you would expect at the base level.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade
29 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I unlatched and folded the seat forward and back a couple times and it now doesn't rattle now. A service tech told me he had the same issue on an Escalsde and 2 Tahoes. It corrected the rattle on those as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2015 i Escalade luxury Wht Diamond tricoat w/ Kona Brown
108 Posts
i thought i had a rear seat rattle. but it ended up being the passenger seats shoulder seat belt clasp banging into the window pillar. I thought i was going crazy searching for where the rattle was coming from. When i fastened the belt ( with out someone in the passenger seat) the noise went away. .

·
Registered
2012 cts-v 2015 escalade
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, It was a Cadillac dealer, They only sell Cadillac's that's why I was surprised.

----------

Thanks, I will give it a try.

----------

I thought it was the seat belts also so I tied them down but the rattle was still there, I folded the seats down and the rattle went away. Thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Hi Everyone, Has anyone had any problems with the rear seats rattling in the 2015 Escalade? Not the third row but the middle row, took mine in for first oil change and told the service adviser about this problem, Even told him what seat it was, His response was that the technicians don't like chasing noise issues, (Even after I told him what seat it was) I email the service manger and did not get a reply. $80,000 vehicle and they wonder why you don't come back, Can't wait for the GM survey.
Call your service rep and ask them for the direct phone number for Cadillac Customer Relations dept. file a complaint and watch how fast they get back to you. Explain your situation (and remind them that you just bought the most expensive vehicle Cadillac makes!) and let them contact the service manager at your dealership. Then you should get the desired response from your dealership after they get reamed by head office.

We just did this with our local dealership (not the one where we bought our trucks) and our service advisor had a new headset delivered to our house as well as arranging to have a repair done to my hubby's steering wheel buttons at our house so as not to inconvenience us any further.

Also, not sure if it is the same in the U.S. as in Canada but here our service reps GM customer survey reviews are tied directly to their yearly bonus; bad reviews=no bonus!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts