Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '02 lade the rear passage seatbelt is fully pull out and it wont retract back in. I tried pull hard on the seatbelt to get it retracted. Didn't help at all. Anyone have the same problem before? If so, help.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have had problems on other cars, for me hard pulling fixed it, but if the spring (retractor) breaks then it's game over. :(

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
486 Posts
The Seatbelt warranty is 5yr 60,000 miles I believe. You might still be within that period I'm not sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent still replace the seatbelt retractor, can someone help me out on finding the part number? Thank you

·
Registered
Cadillac
314 Posts
the warranty is 4yr/50,000, the retracter inertia lock may be jammed with a little debris, and no, the dealer will not "fix" a safety belt, its a liability issue. if maybe there is debris and dirt in there , you can disconnect the belt at the mount end, blow some air in the retrater and tug, it, wiggle it, jiggle it bang on it, it will probably free up

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the warranty is 4yr/50,000, the retracter inertia lock may be jammed with a little debris, and no, the dealer will not "fix" a safety belt, its a liability issue. if maybe there is debris and dirt in there , you can disconnect the belt at the mount end, blow some air in the retrater and tug, it, wiggle it, jiggle it bang on it, it will probably free up

I tried that, but unfortunately it did not work. I just want to get it replace, but the part number and it's not on the retractor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts