Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Sedan DeVille, 4.6L Northstar
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to remove the backseat on this car? I am looking to get to the BCM, and I was told it is under the rear seat. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
I don't think the BCM is under there, though I could be wrong. In any case, just lift upward on the front edge. Remember to unplug the seat heater if so equipped before you pull it out. Plug is on the passenger side as I recall.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am like the other reply. I don't think it is under the rear seat, but it may be located behind the rear vertical portion of the seat. At least that is where it was on my '97 Deville. To get the back seat you had to push the bottom portion towards the back of the car so it would un-hook from the body. Then to rmove the back part you have to take out the nuts holding the seat belt/buckle and seat brackets out and then crawl into the trunt and take the 2 10mm nuts out. There will be 1 on each side towards the wheel well tubs. I had to use a deep well 10mm socket for these. Once that is done, all was good to go. To make sure the BCM is back there you can take the lining down that is in the trunk that is against the back seat. I think it is bolted to the plastic mounting panel. Good Luck.

·
2007 DTS
2007 DTS, 1991 Eldorado(retired), 1999 Deville (retired)
371 Posts
Don't pull the seat. You access it through the trunk. You remove the hush carpeting and then you remove the rear panel.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Its the silver box on the drivers side, the little beige one is the RFA transmitter that is directly in the middle.

·
Registered
Two '99 Fleetwood Limiteds + '98 6-door limo
66 Posts
Thank goodness for this thread. I was trying to get to the PZM in my '98 DeVille. Alldata said you need to get the backseat back out. I had no clue how. Using the site's SEARCH function failed but using Google to search this site turned up this thread. Never would have found those two bolts in the trunk. Even when I was in the trunk looking at them, I thought there had to be other bolts but couldn't find any so I took off those nuts and out came the seat.

cadi197, you are da man!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts