Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! 2021 ESV Platinum, rear seat entertainment sucks big time. I have yet to be able to get the system to read an iphone, with an android it reads it about 50 percent of the time. Right now the system is stuck on media indexing. I have never been able to get a jump drive to work either .

Has anyone upgraded their rear seat entertainment to something better? Is this even possible?
Thank you!

· Registered
166 Posts
The only thing I care about when looking at rear entertainment systems on cars is if they have an hdmi or USB C input. It really doesn't matter to me what the manufacture offers software wise, I would rather plug in a roku, apple TV, shield, etc... They will always be able to provide more, and can be easily upgraded at a later time.

Same thing with TV's, would rather have an external device than depend on the built in software.

· Registered
CT6 & Escalade
938 Posts
I totally agree. Give me an HDMI port, and thank you very much!
Although, as mentioned in another thread - my kids do love the rear seat navigation feature which they removed after 2021!

· Registered
‘23 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum, ‘23 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe, ‘19 Beetle Convertible Wolfsburg Final
8 Posts
I have a ‘23 ESV Sport Platinum and it’s supposed to be a way to have control of the Nav but I can’t get it working. The only options are HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. Any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts