Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good New Year
I just changed out my rear rotors with EBC sport groove and pads,it was a bugger to get the rotors off because the parking brakes were against the rotors inside. had to hit with a hammer to remove the rotors tapping all around the rotor till it came loose, the new ones just slid right on. My question is will the parking brake pads self regulate to the new rotors? I still cannot figure how the stealer passed this road inspection, the rear pads had mm left on them,of course he lied when he said they all had 50% life, and from changing the fronts I can tell they did not do a all wheel pad replacement when changing the pads, looks like the original owner did the fronts and not the back, anyway back to the question, will the parking brake self regulate to the new rotors?

Just a note I did not drive the car but a few miles till I had the rear pads and rotors on,did not want to wear out the fronts more then the rear. I filled one dust pale with rust flakes from the 2 rotors hitting with a hammer
Waiting on the goodridge braided lines now to come

Cost: rotors and pads and shipping 500 dollars, if the stealer did it 2000 dollars just the labor

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Yes :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks, just a note I saw changing front an back rotors on the back side of the rotor face it had ridges (should have a smooth face) on all 4 rotors, any ideas what causes this, the pads(back side) were opposite they had grooves from the ridges

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD
293 Posts
The rears are tight coming off because a rust lip forms on the edge of the rotor where the parking brake pad doesn't reach.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks must have been some rust lip, those were no love taps to get them off!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD
293 Posts
I ripped my shoes out when I did mine.. no other way they were coming past the shoes.. I put them back on they were fine..

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
I don't think I have used the park brake before, my rotors came off very easy.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD
293 Posts
conedoctor said:
I don't think I have used the park brake before, my rotors came off very easy.
I would venture to guess they don't salt the roads where you are.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
You would be wrong, they salt and sand to make sure the salt can right down to bare metal :(

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am happy to say that removing those rear rotors was the last of the rust

1 - 11 of 11 Posts