Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I think I've chosen EBC for my pads and front rotors. However they don't make a rear rotor for my 01 DTS.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another manufacturer of rotors who do make rears or should I just go AC Delco on that?

For the fronts I've chosen the
USR7094 (12.8")
EBC SPORT SLOTTED USR

Which is sort of against my belief with the slotted rotor thing but I think they're a better made high quality rotor and the slots seem to be a little milder, Oh and they'll look cool.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
And they'll probably squeal being slotted. Go with DELCO for the rears.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you don't think I should put those on the front either? I've never had slotted rotors before. Do they squeal? Why would anyone want that?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The slots are there on race cars to provide extra cooling to the rotor surface. A flow of air is channeled thru the slots. But, that space can, on normal light brake application, cause a potential squeal or squeak. Yes, I agree it looks great! but be prepared for potentially noisy brakes.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm I really don't want that at all. Noise is not acceptable.

I was only choosing them because as I said, they didn't look like other grooved rotors, they seem much milder AND they appear to be of high quality AND I wanted something coated so they don't rust now that you CAN see them.

·
Registered
2000 STS RHD 194,150 miles. what's a speed limiter???
219 Posts
i have slotted and drilled rotors all round, they don't squeal or make any noise.
only downside is that the car eats front pads at an alarming rate but at least i can stop in the wet and i dont get brake fade any more.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of pads are you using and what kind of mileage do you get out of a set.

i have slotted and drilled rotors all round, they don't squeal or make any noise.
only downside is that the car eats front pads at an alarming rate but at least i can stop in the wet and i dont get brake fade any more.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I'm running AC Delco ceramic pads and R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 corners. No squeal and no dust and I retained the brake warning sensors.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
I'm running AC Delco ceramic pads and R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 corners. No squeal and no dust and I retained the brake warning sensors.
Same here. The rotors stay cooler so no brake vibration to deal with every 10,000 miles.

Don

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I believe the EBC green pads have provisions for the sensor wires. If they don't they'll be returned.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at them I don't think R1 makes rotors for the Deville. I think you mentioned being happy with them once before so I checked it out.

Same here. The rotors stay cooler so no brake vibration to deal with every 10,000 miles.

Don

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have experience with EBC products? They seem to be of the utmost quality.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I ordered the GM rotors from Brasington for the rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts