Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so ecstatic to get my rear rotors from racing brake last week, little did I know it would turn out to be the most frustrating ordeal of this cars life.

I took the Caddy to Goodspeed Performance Lab here in Scottsdale to get the rears put on just as I had them do the fronts months ago. Everything was butter until they rolled the car out of the garage and heard a metal-on-metal scraping sound, they rolled the car back in and found that part of the aluminum hat was rubbing against the e-brake assembly. They then swapped the rotors from one side to the other to make sure it was not the rotors fault. The guys at goodspeed took photos of the parking brake contact spot, the scraping to the racingbrake rotor and also where the stock rotor also seems to be hitting the e-brake. Sadly I had to leave goodspeed with my stockers back on the car.

My thinking at this point was that my parking brake must be out of alignment so I took the car to the dealership (Legends Cadillac) and they are telling me everything is fine and that the problem must be with the rotors. My question then is how could that be since both rotors fit the left wheel perfectly?

What is going on with my car? It has never been in an accident so I know it can't be that. Please let me know what you all think.:banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
CTS-V
92 Posts
Ya your ebreak is out of whack. If it didn't fit It would be rubbing all the way around not just in that one spot. See if you can push that edge in towards the car.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Just got mine last week. Going to install next weekend. I'll chime in if there are any issues.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 04 Armada, 11 STi Hatch
247 Posts
Haaa, we used to sell RB rotors back in 2002-2003. They don't test anything. We were local so we actually tested their stuff before we tried to sell it to our customers. We had good luck with their 1-piece rotors for the WRX but other than that they were inconsistent in terms of QC. :(

RB Rotors = Fail.

-mike

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
181 Posts
Glad I didn't go with them after all. What other companies sell good two pieces for our cars?
Performance Friction; no doubt much better than Racing Brake. Not knocking on RB but you can't argue with a racing pedigree and results, even over UUC which doesnt really have any "racing" R&D to prove their products. Look at their resume; Rolex 24 at Daytona # 1 and # 2 prototypes running their products, as well as the Daytona 500 # 1 and # 2 cars.

I just put their 2 piece rotors on my car today (see thread below, installed pics are on page 2), were extremely simple to install, and best thing is theyre about the same price as the RB rotors!!!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...222353-lookie-what-fedex-guy-dropped-off.html

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
181 Posts
What are the part numbers? What store/site did you order them from?
Order them directly from Performance Friction; cut out any middleman costs. Theyre great to deal with. I dont have the part numbers on me, but if you call and talk to Alex, just tell him it's for a 04-07 CTS-V and he can look them up. (His name and number is in my thread I posted).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts