Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm attempting to refurbish my Cadillac Escalade ESV 2010, sadly half of the back light went out on the rear Radio/AC Controls Screen which is located on the back of the console... I would be willing to attempt to remove the control panel and replace the back light if possible or completely replace it with a aftermarket unit unless there's a completely different issue cashing this to happen... Also if you don't confirming if the av video ports on the console are inputs, any help is greatly appreciated thanks - ZoomZoom

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
Had to replace mine in the rear 25928681 not sure if you can repair them.
Check number with dealer.
Some here on -Ebay-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to replace mine in the rear 25928681 not sure if you can repair them.
Check number with dealer.
Some here on -Ebay-
Thanks for the information, If I decide to replace it I might as well try to repair my original unit...

I plan to replace my GM Stereo with a Aftermarket Android System, It makes me wonder if the controls in the rear will still work for changing stations, if not I wonder if there's any Aftermarket options for the rear seat...

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
Thanks for the information, If I decide to replace it I might as well try to repair my original unit...

I plan to replace my GM Stereo with a Aftermarket Android System, It makes me wonder if the controls in the rear will still work for changing stations, if not I wonder if there's any Aftermarket options for the rear seat...
I have been looking at -this- for a replacement in the 13.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been looking at -this- for a replacement in the 13.
I know it's been a while since I created this discussion but I just wanted to ask if you've gotten around to installing that Aftermarket Android System in your rig, If so what's your current thoughts on the unit?

I'm looking at installing this one from AutoPumpkin "Pumpkin 7-Inch 2 Din GPS Android Car Stereo with USB AutoPlay Dongle" but when I looked deeper into the one you mentioned I was instantly interested especially with it's unique features like tire presure monitoring and 360 Security Cameras...

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
129 Posts
I have the tesla style android 8.1. I do like it, tpms does not work with the OEM one so you need another set of sensors, wouldn't bother. I'm planning on adding at least front camera in addition to the OEM rear and add on usb dvr. Wouldn't change back. I like having waze and spotify on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for telling me your experiences I truly appreciate it! ;)

But I have a few questions if you don't mind answering them?

Why can't I just use a Retention Kit from PAC-Audio that retains the OEM functionality of the car or does those kits only retain features that your aftermarket radio supports?

Also what about OnStar and SeriousXM, I believe the tesla style radio supports it nativly right, if so what is that like?

One other thing do you think it's worth it compared to a more supported and updated Android Stereo like AutoPumpkin, the main reason I ask is because I want to retain as much OEM functionality as possible but I still really like the idea of setting up the tesla style stereo like a DVR for security, I'm aware that the AutoPumpkin's Stereo has a similar feature but they only support a single camera I believe...

Thanks again! :D - ZoomZoom

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
129 Posts
What do you want to retain? :D I live in europe but have US spec escalade so navigation and onstar wouldn't work and no satellites for xm here. You get better navigation from waze, onstar you can probably retain with PAC? for XM I don't know, but these things have aux-in so with some PAC that might work too?

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid 2009
129 Posts
TPMS is in the DIC so it works like before, rear camera works just like in OEM and sounds too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts