Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 SRX when it rains the rear passenger floor behind the front seat gets saturated with water. The front passenger area is dry, 3rd row seat area is dry, the rear jack storage area is dry. Any ideas as to where water is coming in. Any pics/diagrams of sunroof drain tube routing would be helpfull.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Roof drains are in A and D pillars so not likely involved. Check rear side door weatherstrip and compare to other side for missing or torn pieces.

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled rear carpet up enough to see water. Had to removed front seats to pull up carpet, rear passenger seat area with 2" of water to a point excess was filling the front passenger section. Wires, connections all under water, its a wonder nothing shorted out. Used heat gun and air to dry out all wiring and connectionts. Carpet had to be removed to properly dry, what a job...don't want to do this again. Checked drain areas, working and door seals everything looked OK. Hosed down the roof with full run of water, no leaks evident.... damned puzzling, can't figure this one out, 2 wks ago everything was dry when I vacumed the car. I must have had the rear door slightly ajar or a window partially open and not realized it. Will see in the next fee days before I put everything back in, supposed to have some hard days of rain.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX
1 Posts
I cannot believe this is really a problem. My 2004 SRX has this same problem. My son found sitting water in the rear jack area, just as describe It was not a small amount of water, either. The carpet and insulation was soaked. He opened up all of it, shop-vac'd as dry as possible and put heater to dry the rest. But, every time he looks back there, it goes from damp to wet, causing mold. He said he wanted to put in a cork to seal the hole that seems to be letting in the water, or a large bolt with a rubber washer. Will this work?

Honestly, this seems like a ridiculous annoyance that is just not right. These issues along with door panels, that don't stay on or are missing
the insulation. Really? What happened to pride in work ethic and attention to detail? They want to label these cars as luxury with a big price tag, but service is neither quality nor with integrity. People all over the country are complaining--with the same complaints. That many people can't possibly be wrong.

Apparently CEO bonuses, big pensions, and bailouts have had more focus than servicing what you sell and keeping your promises. At the very least own-up to safety issues that can and have been deadly. Be accountable for all these flaws and defects as complained. We want to be proud of our cars. We bought in good faith. We need you to fix in good faith,

----------

I cannot believe this is really a problem. My 2004 SRX has this same problem. My son found sitting water in the rear jack area, just as describe It was not a small amount of water, either. The carpet and insulation was soaked. He opened up all of it, shop-vac'd as dry as possible and put heater to dry the rest. But, every time he looks back there, it goes from damp to wet, causing mold. He said he wanted to put in a cork to seal the hole that seems to be letting in the water, or a large bolt with a rubber washer. Will this work?

Honestly, this seems like a ridiculous annoyance that is just not right. These issues along with door panels, that don't stay on or are missing
the insulation. Really? What happened to pride in work ethic and attention to detail? They want to label these cars as luxury with a big price tag, but service is neither quality nor with integrity. People all over the country are complaining--with the same complaints. That many people can't possibly be wrong.

Apparently CEO bonuses, big pensions, and bailouts have had more focus than servicing what you sell and keeping your promises. At the very least own-up to safety issues that can and have been deadly. Be accountable for all these flaws and defects as complained. We want to be proud of our cars. We bought in good faith. We need you to fix in good faith,

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
Water behind the front seat sounds like a pretty rare problem. There are a number of things to check:

1. does the rear door seal properly?
2. does the sunroof seal properly?
3. is the side window all the way up?

Lastly, is there an opening in the floor somewhere that allows water to splash upwards?

I would park the vehicle, sit in the rear seat and then have someone spray the car with a hose at full blast. Make sure they cover each of the above areas and hopefully, you will locate the issue.

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD N*
93 Posts
I have the same issue. Last night I found out that the jack storage compartment was full of about 6" of standing water. I tried to vacuum up as much as possible and then started vacuuming the rest of the car and found the rear passenger floorboard was also soaked under the floormat and under the front passenger seat. My car has been smelling very musty the past couple of weeks and I've been trying to figure it out. Now mold is starting to grow on the carpet.

·
Registered
99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS
202 Posts
Is foam in rear door panels wet push on vinyl on panel see if you see water comes out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts