Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have an issue. Bought a used 2018 Escalade premium still under manufacture bumper to bumper warranty. There’s an issue where the weather strip on the rear passenger door rubs against the door panel and leaves a black sticky residue on it that’s difficult to wipe and clean off. Also , door has to be applied with some pressure to close due to the strip hitting the panel.
Footwear Leg Tire Automotive tire Human body
Hood Light Automotive design Gesture Automotive exterior
Is this covered under the warranty since it might be due to a factory defect ?

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
2,112 Posts
It absolutely is covered under Bumper to Bumper unless it’s caused by an accident or other physical damage to the components involved. Get into the dealership and have them fix it before your warranty expires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. Will they replace the door panel too since it’s impossible to clean that off. I’ve tried so hard and it still shows. Will be making an appointment this week. Thanks
It absolutely is covered under Bumper to Bumper unless it’s caused by an accident or other physical damage to the components involved. Get into the dealership and have them fix it before your warranty expires.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi all. I have an issue. Bought a used 2018 Escalade premium still under manufacture bumper to bumper warranty. There’s an issue where the weather strip on the rear passenger door rubs against the door panel and leaves a black sticky residue on it that’s difficult to wipe and clean off. Also , door has to be applied with some pressure to close due to the strip hitting the panel. Is his covered under the warranty since it might be due to a factory defect ?
Here are a picture of mine.

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Tints and shades Auto part

I do not see the rubber string as it is protruding on yours.
I peeled back the rubber and it is not there.
Mine is a 2020 Premium Luxury.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,889 Posts
Weather stripping needs to be adjusted or replaced, OR the door might need to be aligned better. Let them worry about the marked panel as well. But, I've used Meguiars Marine/RV cleaner and conditioner to remove stubborn grease and other marks from the interior plastic. Just be careful because using some other cleaners or being too mechanically aggressive might remove the paint from the surface exposing black plastic...hard to say from the photo if that is already the case, but I would say it is just black rubber marks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts