Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2010 cts 3.6 luxury package
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rear license plate missing parts?

I am trying to locate the rubber square nobs that fit into the trunk of the cts's for the license plates to screw onto. I have looked & looked can I get a part # or any suggestions Vehicle Car Bumper Emblem Wheel

· Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,925 Posts
Re: Rear license plate mounting: only two screws?

Try your local parts store, AutoZone, O'Reily's they have lots of plastic knobs/nuts

· Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,507 Posts
Re: Rear license plate missing parts?

If Autozone isn't close enough you can find those plastic inserts at any auto parts store. I've seen them at Pep Boys, Advance Auto, etc.

· Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,787 Posts
Re: Rear license plate mounting: only two screws?

Those are trunk grommets. Available from your dealer for like $10 apiece.

They also come with the small circular portion on them too.

A known leak entry location.

Rodney

· Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI, 2014 CTS VSport
3,335 Posts

Caulk it with Kent auto body seam sealer, it is a water leak location.

· Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,787 Posts

Hmm, My posting disappeared...

Those are called Grommets and are readily available from the dealer for about $7 a side. Get new grommets and seal them up like mentioned above. As is you have to be having a crap load of water entering your trunk.

Rodney

· Registered
3,335 Posts

Go to a junk yard. Plenty of CTSs there.
No! Buy the parts new and seal them with the proper sealer so the trunk doesn't leak. Note there are two different types, might have changed during the 2009 model year.

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,937 Posts

No! Buy the parts new and seal them with the proper sealer so the trunk doesn't leak. Note there are two different types, might have changed during the 2009 model year.
Absolutely. Less than $10 apiece, plastic over 10 years old, definitely not worth using old parts as well as the time spent.

· Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,612 Posts

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,937 Posts

1969byrdman, The Jacksonville Jaguars are giving free dinners to Coasties tonight at a local popular Wing chain. I have a son-in-law in the Coast Guard in E-City. I'm not happy with the current situation.

· Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,612 Posts

1969byrdman, The Jacksonville Jaguars are giving free dinners to Coasties tonight at a local popular Wing chain. I have a son-in-law in the Coast Guard in E-City. I'm not happy with the current situation.
Thanks, that's a nice thing to hear about. The Coasties in Annapolis are also getting some help. Cost of living there is atrocious.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 CTS that you must use factory grommets on. Right is part # 25943891 and left is part # 25943892. Yes....left and right are different parts. The pair was around $20.00 from the local GM dealership. If you don't use the factory grommets it will leak water in to the trunk when it rains.

· Registered
3,335 Posts
I have a 2008 CTS that you must use factory grommets on. Right is part # 25943891 and left is part # 25943892. Yes....left and right are different parts. The pair was around $20.00 from the local GM dealership. If you don't use the factory grommets it will leak water in to the trunk when it rains.
There are several other locations that can leak as well. Use Kent Body and Seam sealer on the grommets and elsewhere.

Reactions: tinman

· Registered
2 Posts
There are several other locations that can leak as well. Use Kent Body and Seam sealer on the grommets and elsewhere.
I have unfortunately found that out the hard way. I've used clear silocone on some of the spots....like the tail lights. But I will try the Kent Body and Seam sealer. Thank you

· Registered
3,335 Posts
I have unfortunately found that out the hard way. I've used clear silocone on some of the spots....like the tail lights. But I will try the Kent Body and Seam sealer. Thank you
Silicone is for your grandmother's bathtub. Below are some details about my trunk sealing experiences. I recommend buying the few inexpensive parts and doing it all at once.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.