Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. When I purchased my car, I had the dealer give it a once over to make sure everything worked and it got a clean bill of health. I specifically asked them to check the leveling system as I just never heard it go on like I did with the 2005.

Now the other day I filled the trunk with nursery items, top soil, like 500 lbs worth of bags. The rear sagged a bit but the leveling system never seemed to come on. No noise, nothing. I will check the fuse but any ideas?

I will have the dealer check it again but they specifically told me everything worked including the leveling system.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,210 Posts
There is a delay of close to 30 seconds before it will cycle on. Check the fuse, but you need to be patient. The delay is built in so the compressor doesn't turn on or vent all the time as a result of road bumps triggering the sensors.

Your car also has to have RPO F55 to have ALC, but I'm sure in your 1SG Platinum you probably do.

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
I've done the same, used Pearl to haul a trunk full of soil, fertilizer, rock, etc. Like you, several hundred pounds worth.

I thought, like on my '85 Fleetwood Bro, I'd heard the compressor kick on.

Nope.

Turns out, it's so quiet unless the engine is off and it's quiet, like in your garage alone quiet, you're not likely to hear it. Plus, it's not all that quick to level. Mine took a couple of minutes, IIRC.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
An easy way to test it is to open the trunk and sit on the trunk lip (I'm only 160 lbs and that is enough), wait a bit and you should hear it kick on and feel the rear lift slightly.

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks fellas.

I drove the truck home which is about 5 miles from the dirt store :) and I swear it was still sagging when I got out. I will certainly check codes and fuses. I have the touring/performance option in the config section of the nav so that should mean F55... ??

The 05 was loud. Like a 12V air compressor. Well maybe not that loud, but was certainly noticeable when it kicked on.

Will report back!

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
while sitting on the trunk lip on mine it was able to lift me up. my feet went from just being able to touch the ground to dangling freely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts