Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 STS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 STS is fully engaging the rear leveling system (the rear of the car is as high as it will raise) with no additional weight in the car. When you turn on the ignition or start the car you can hear the pump running.

I have checked the DTC and found the following codes

U1255 U1064 PO603

These codes direct me to the control modules stating memory dump and communication error but nothing related directly to the rear leveling system.

I had a problem with the module behind the rear seat last fall with a resistor that had burned out. I replaced the 1K resistor that was surface mounted on the board. It cleared the codes at that time and corrected the problem with the front RSS.

Could this be a related issue or can anyone point me in the right direction?

I don't know if this could be related but recently my front speakers (Bose system) have been flakey. Once in a while they will not operate or will be scratchy. This is not constant, just once in a while.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Comunication error eh.
Could just be a glitch. Maybe a bit of moisture. Specially if its been overly wet. Can get that sometimes in very cold and snowy/slushy conditions. And/Or times with drastic temp and moisture changes. May have some loose connectors somewhere. Could maybe need some electrical lube.

As to the exact areas to look at to lube/seal the connectors I couldnt say.
Could try disconnecting your battery for bout 3 mins to reset the computer. That may help.
Once it gets warm enough to dry everything out the Loss Of Communication error will probably go away, and maybe resolve a problem or 2.
But as soon as the temps start changing and moisture has the chance to form and stay then it will most likely all come back. And possibly even worse each year.

Think Ive read somewhere here about the Loss Of Comm errors possibly being due to moisture in/on the wires and/or connectors.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Yes it has auto level control but probably not active suspension control. This is why you would not have codes. This sensor is at the inside front of the LR arm.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
well crap! I just put new OEM shocks on my SLS in the Rear. I had gmotors.com confirm my part numbers for my rear shocks. Now the rear end his elevated to the max as stated above.

What is "LR arm" Left/Right arm? and LR Position Sensor? Left / Right position sensor?

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Left rear
Thanks. Since both sides are jacked up as high as they go, do I need to replace something on both sides or is it only located on the Left Rear?

Is this the part that has the little arm on it that connects it to the lower control arm?

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Yes it is the part with the arm connecting to the LR control arm. Don't go buy a new sensor without doing some other checks. It is common, but may be other things.

·
Registered
2003 STS
34 Posts
Thanks for the info!

I also get two suction cup type of a click each time I start the car, it sounds like it's coming from the back. That's probably a self test of somekind as well?

·
Registered
2003 DTS 200k miles
132 Posts
I can't think of any models that don't. It's just a self test.
My '03 DTS does the same thing. Sometimes it's fine and other times it will stay up. When I go to drive it I never know if it will be up or down. There is a air ride sensor (RH REAR SENSOR,FWD,4.6L,ATOD,DTS) on ebay for $35.00 plus shipping. How do I test to see if it's the cause and if so would this be the part to replace?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts