Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knocked off some things i wanted to get done in the past few weeks.

Bought all items from Crakalac337 on instagram. Hit him up if youre interested. Walked me through everything. My instagram if you care to follow is Papawsdadillac

Both were easy to do, just tedious. Things like pulling off rear bumper or dropping rear headliner. Mirror is probably my favorite mod to date. Can operate it in camera mode or like a normal mirror. Can zoom, adjust up and down, its neat.

Next month ill knock out the OEM folding mirrors.

Cheers

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,019 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for OEM goodies that came on later model cars, or cars in other countries. I've had my rear fog on for a couple years, no probs. Crak is on here too, Crakavelli I think his username is, or something. Super nice and super helpful.

Power folding/heated mirrors would be sweet, wish USDM's had come with them. I would still like to add the gas door locking mechanism, which I think he also did. The rear view mirror is definitely a fun toy. Nice work dude.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've always had a soft spot for OEM goodies that came on later model cars, or cars in other countries. I've had my rear fog on for a couple years, no probs. Crak is on here too, Crakavelli I think his username is, or something. Super nice and super helpful.

Power folding/heated mirrors would be sweet, wish USDM's had come with them. I would still like to add the gas door locking mechanism, which I think he also did. The rear view mirror is definitely a fun toy. Nice work dude.
Id love the gas door too, funny we were talking about it yesterday, said it would be a pita on a sedan. His words are wise, if he tells me its too tough I stop with interest right there. If im having an issue and he says its easy do it this way im all for it because he's never steered me wrong.

You and me have similar taste. Im going for an oem+ build which is my rendering of how it should have come. Doing such isn't cheap or easy as im ready to rip a dealer on the phone when im done typing this lol.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Id love the gas door too, funny we were talking about it yesterday, said it would be a pita on a sedan. His words are wise, if he tells me its too tough I stop with interest right there. If im having an issue and he says its easy do it this way im all for it because he's never steered me wrong.

You and me have similar taste. Im going for an oem+ build which is my rendering of how it should have come. Doing such isn't cheap or easy as im ready to rip a dealer on the phone when im done typing this lol.
For sure man, OEM+ has been my modding style with my cars as well. First my Accord coupe, which I did do heated PFM's on (thanks to another wiring guru), and now the ATS. Crak and I did talk about the locking fuel door, I forget what we said now but perhaps whatever he told you is the reason I didn't end up pursuing it lol. My 21 year old Honda came with a locking fuel door, it's crazy to me a 2014 Cadillac did not.

Glad you ended up putting these parts on your car, I remember somewhat recently you were thinking about selling them instead. I love the way the factory frameless mirror design looks, but the camera mirror you have is a neat function.

What are you having to rip the dealer about? Is your car giving you problems? I finally encountered my first serious issue, need a new radiator as mine is leaking.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS Coupe 3.6 Performance AWD
151 Posts
When Crakalac did his IP and steering wheel centre pad I was like w😀w. Then he also upgraded the rearview mirror and side mirrors too and I went full 😍.

Wish I had the stones to tackle one or two of these upgrades. Say, I'm curious- what are the upgraded rearview and side mirror hardware costs?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For sure man, OEM+ has been my modding style with my cars as well. First my Accord coupe, which I did do heated PFM's on (thanks to another wiring guru), and now the ATS. Crak and I did talk about the locking fuel door, I forget what we said now but perhaps whatever he told you is the reason I didn't end up pursuing it lol. My 21 year old Honda came with a locking fuel door, it's crazy to me a 2014 Cadillac did not.

Glad you ended up putting these parts on your car, I remember somewhat recently you were thinking about selling them instead. I love the way the factory frameless mirror design looks, but the camera mirror you have is a neat function.

What are you having to rip the dealer about? Is your car giving you problems? I finally encountered my first serious issue, need a new radiator as mine is leaking.
Wrong accessory rocker panel again. Theyre working on resolving it for me.... Hopefully. If not ill buy the kit and then sell everything but the rockers

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When Crakalac did his IP and steering wheel centre pad I was like w😀w. Then he also upgraded the rearview mirror and side mirrors too and I went full 😍.

Wish I had the stones to tackle one or two of these upgrades. Say, I'm curious- what are the upgraded rearview and side mirror hardware costs?
Out of respect for Lee ill have to refer the questions on pricing to him.

The upgrades so far are actually super super simple. Just tedious - removing rear bumper or dropping headliner for example. Easy just time consuming

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wrong accessory rocker panel again. Theyre working on resolving it for me.... Hopefully. If not ill buy the kit and then sell everything but the rockers
I talked to several dealers when I was looking for my OEM kit, 95% of the people I talked to didn't even know there were OEM kits for the ATS. In fact they didn't even know what a ground effects kit or a lip kit is. Anyway hope you get fixed up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When Crakalac did his IP and steering wheel centre pad I was like ww. Then he also upgraded the rearview mirror and side mirrors too and I went full .

$800ish for mirror screen and antenna camera in black, custom colors cost extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I talked to several dealers when I was looking for my OEM kit, 95% of the people I talked to didn't even know there were OEM kits for the ATS. In fact they didn't even know what a ground effects kit or a lip kit is. Anyway hope you get fixed up.
Thanks, its proving to be the single hardest part for my build checklist. To the point its annoying lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've tried looking
Try LKQ and Partshub, but I think you should double check carpart. I just saw one that should have the side skirts, because it does have the front and rear ground effects trim. Its just very difficult to see the side view, for 95$ its a great deal, and you could probably plasti dip or wrap both side for less than 200$ to paint match. Good luck.

CarPart.com
Rocker Moulding
Cadillac ATS
LEFT,MAROON-G7T
000​
A
0​
$95
actual
Flower's Auto Wreckers USA-PA(Smithton) Request_Quote 1-800-872-5475 Request_Insurance_Quote
Live Chat

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I called and the rocker moldings are gone off the car. Guy on phone doesn't know what happened to them. Nice guy tho. And appreciate him checking before just making the sale. The hunt continues

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I called and the rocker moldings are gone off the car. Guy on phone doesn't know what happened to them. Nice guy tho. And appreciate him checking before just making the sale. The hunt continues
Its good that they double checked, and despite not having the parts, seems like a positive experience.

This is the best I could do, this possbily might be the Ground effects rocker, looks very similar. Also they have a salvage ats with Ground Effects Bumper, and I am pretty certain it has the rockers as well. There are also some ATS-V models that have the ground effects rocker panel.

Good Luck.

Rocker Moulding
Cadillac ATS
LEFT,RED,4DR**
000​
A
0​
P09228
$95
actual
Stricker Auto Parts MWRP USA-OH(Batavia) Request_Quote 1-800-582-5405 Request_Insurance_Quote
Live Chat
--km--
694​
Rocker Moulding
Cadillac ATS
RT,RED,4DR**
000​
A
0​
P09228
$95
actual
Stricker Auto Parts MWRP USA-OH(Batavia) Request_Quote 1-800-582-5405 Request_Insurance_Quote
Live Chat

Salvage Caddilac

2014 CADILLAC ATS PERFORMANCE
|
2014 CADILLAC ATS PERFORMANCE for Sale at Copart MN - MINNEAPOLIS NORTH

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nothing i could find through the 4 that company has. The ats v and the accessories rockers are similar but the atsv flares out at the front for the wider fenders

1 - 20 of 39 Posts