Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for an XTS to replace an STS. One of the options my kids specifically want is the rear entertainment system. But for some reason this option seems really hard to find on a lot anywhere. Anyone have any ideas why? Has anyone tried installing the factory rear entertainment system into a car that did not have it?

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
Might be easier just go to a reputable after market company in your area.. ( the fancier more $$$ cars you see worked on in their garages the more comfortable you should be)

·
Registered
1998 Deville
710 Posts
This is a very tough option to find on a used example. I think the market for this car (new) does not have kids. I just saw a VSport Platinum that had it for $46k.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Platinum Vsport
19 Posts
I was lucky to find my used 2014 XTS Vsport Plat with them. What I was most happy about was that it can read from USB external drives. I tested it by loading about 20 movies onto a dirve and plugging it in. While it cant play files like MKV or DIVX for me, I had no issues getting it to play AVI, MP4, MOV and MPG. What's even cooler is the ability for teh 2 rear passengers to listen on the Cadillac wireless headphones to 2 different media sources if they like. (Kid 1 can watch a DVD, while kid 2 watches content on the USB drive or listens to the radio).

·
Registered
2014 XTS Platinum Vsport
19 Posts
Follow Up: My wireless headphones and remote control for the rear TV's came today. I tested them and they worked better than I would have thought in terms of their capability. For the technophiles out there, the remote enables dual independent control and content playback on each screen which is awesome. But even better, you can split the content of your USB drive independently across each screen. That means the USB drive I loaded up with movies can be used by both screens to watch 2 different files off the drive at the same time. So happy about that, no need to travel with DVD's anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts