Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got a 2017 Escalade ESV 2 weeks ago and have been really thrilled with it. My kids love this cavernous car. Everything was working great except that one day we noticed that the displays were both off on the rear entertainment system when my kids would push the button to open them. I went back there and was playing with the remote trying to turn them on but no dice. I tried turning them on using the front CUE system display but no avail either. I also toggled between sources to see if that would jump start it but nada. If I toggle between each display on the remote and press the on button I can see the rear entertainment system responding because the infrared light at the top of each display cluster blinking on and off each time I press the on button. I find it odd both displays just crapped out one day at the same time but I'm pretty stumped what to try other than take it to the dealer...

Not really too familiar with Cadillacs as this is my first one. I should note that this is the rear entertainment system that is mounted on the ceiling of the cabin with 2 displays (one for each row) and not the rear seat entertainment system that has the displays integrated into the headrests.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
124 Posts
It does seem unusual that both would crap out at the same time but they are known to have bad ribbon cables (break from flexing open/closed). If the vehicle is under warranty get the dealer to fix it. Otherwise google "tahoe rear dvd not working" - you can replace the ribbon cables yourself inexpensively. Dealer charges an arm and a leg if not under warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does seem unusual that both would crap out at the same time but they are known to have bad ribbon cables (break from flexing open/closed). If the vehicle is under warranty get the dealer to fix it. Otherwise google "tahoe rear dvd not working" - you can replace the ribbon cables yourself inexpensively. Dealer charges an arm and a leg if not under warranty.
Thanks I am no longer under warranty. Just got the powertrain left. I will give this a try and report back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know it may sounds dumb, but my CUE system turned on the other day and only half of the screen was showing. I tried turning the truck on/off to no avail. Ended up disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, reconnected, and voila all is back to normal. May give it a shot!

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
124 Posts
I know it may sounds dumb, but my CUE system turned on the other day and only half of the screen was showing. I tried turning the truck on/off to no avail. Ended up disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, reconnected, and voila all is back to normal. May give it a shot!
Whenever my CUE system acts up I shut off the truck, lock the doors and wait 10 minutes for the system to power down on its own. No need to disconnect the battery. This also helps when the steering wheel buttons stop working.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took my Escalade in June for similar issues. The second row was giving me similar issues. Hopefully, you can fix it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,

I followed the instructions in this forum post: DVD REAR PLAYERS not working

and after replacing the ribbon cables in both of my TVs they are working flawlessly again. My kids are ecstatic. I bought the ribbon cables here: Amazon.com: Yootop 20 Pcs Flexible Flat Ribbon Cable 40 Pin 0.5mm Pitch FFC FPC for LCD TV Car Audio DVD Player Laptop 200mm in Length: Home Audio & Theater

The whole procedure took about 45 minutes for both TVs combined. I was contemplating having the dealer fix it but they quoted me $1500 so I decided to give the suggested fix a shot...didn't have much to lose after all and it worked!

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
124 Posts
Hi all,

I followed the instructions in this forum post: DVD REAR PLAYERS not working

and after replacing the ribbon cables in both of my TVs they are working flawlessly again. My kids are ecstatic. I bought the ribbon cables here: Amazon.com: Yootop 20 Pcs Flexible Flat Ribbon Cable 40 Pin 0.5mm Pitch FFC FPC for LCD TV Car Audio DVD Player Laptop 200mm in Length: Home Audio & Theater

The whole procedure took about 45 minutes for both TVs combined. I was contemplating having the dealer fix it but they quoted me $1500 so I decided to give the suggested fix a shot...didn't have much to lose after all and it worked!
Excellent, glad you got it working again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts