Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were rear ended by a large pickup pulling a trailer on I-75 yesterday.

The noise was loud and it moved us forward a foot or so.

I was amazed at the condition the car was in. His bumper lined up almost perfectly with ours. As a result, the bumper is really ugly but all lights work, the trunk still locks and releases (even though it can't close the last 3/4 inch or so, all door seams are straight (remember, this isn't an SRX), no metal has any ripples or waves and it drives just fine.

The only fatalities seem to be the rear sensors (course who needs them now), the bumper and something that raised the trunk latch about 1/2 inch.

While I am sure this will cost the insurance company for the dip stick who drove the truck a zillion dollars I am still amazed at how well the car came thru this. I of course am just livid about some slime ball doing this to my car, since it hasn't had one ding or chip in 14K miles but as Tony Soprano always says "Whadda you gonna do".

Even the non usable 1930s analog clock still works.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Mack,

Glad you are ok. Hate to hear about your car. I would be pi$$ed too if someone hit mine. Glad to gear they are well built.

Jim from Texas

·
Registered
2013 300C - Looking at CT6
92 Posts
Mack - sorry to hear of your accident. Very glad you were not hurt. Post some pictures if you can - very interested to see what it looks like.

Best of luck getting it returned to new condition.

Ed

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Glad to hear you all came through it OK. That's the most important thing. Good luck getting the car fixed and dealing with the insurance BS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts