Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Things aren't looking all that good in getting my rear end updated to the new part number (15793756). Apparently when they run my VIN number that particular part isn't an option for warranty replacement. It looks like they can install the old part number (10368780) without a problem but I don't want that one. My service manager is going to see what they can do but it may take a while. I had a feeling this might happen but was keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep everyone updated as to what transpires.

CTSV05,
I know you had to come out of pocket a little for your new rear end, but you are still very lucky.:)

Shane

·
Registered
456 Posts
ssmith100 said:
Well,

Things aren't looking all that good in getting my rear end updated to the new part number (15793756). Apparently when they run my VIN number that particular part isn't an option for warranty replacement. It looks like they can install the old part number (10368780) without a problem but I don't want that one. My service manager is going to see what they can do but it may take a while. I had a feeling this might happen but was keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep everyone updated as to what transpires.

CTSV05,
I know you had to come out of pocket a little for your new rear end, but you are still very lucky.:)

Shane

WTF????? What the hell is wrong with GM and dealership networks.... if the 15XXXX part replaced the 10XXXXXX then why the fark does GM want to continue to throw in a "bad" part when there is a supposed fix. I DON'T GET IT??!!! FARKING RETARDS!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope the guys at Lindsey Cadillac respond to this thread. Maybe there parts guys or service advisor know something my people don't.

Shane

·
Registered
523 Posts
please, ANY OF THE SUPPORTING DEaLERS WANT TO chime in???
I would love to be able to take my car in and get the new diff in.
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
105 Posts
Here is what think everyone should do, we know the new rear is out now as some members have them installed, and we now know that GM plans to use up all the old style ones for replacement before going to the new.....

So if I were you I would take the old style one and go have fun... at least you will get your V back and who cares if its still the weak one, thats what warranty is for in the first place. I say we all break as many "old style" rears as we can, that way we will get to the new "stronger" ones faster :)

I plan on doing my part !

:lildevil:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
MooreMotorsports said:
OK, i have already posted about this before, but no one wanted to hear what i had to say. so i will say it agin. Once stock of the current rear is out then they will start to stock the new rears. i really dont see GM pulling a rear off the assy line for a current production car to install into your car.
quoted so folks can see your reply :) :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not sure what the big deal with getting the "old" style rear. These cars come with 4yr/50k warranties. Take the old one and enjoy your car, instead of coming on here and complaining that a company wants to exhaust thier current supply of parts before using a new supply.

It's not like the new rear will make your car any faster. It will still have wheel hop, just won't break as soon. In fact, we have no proof that this new rear will last any longer. Only one person has one and he probably has less than 1k miles on it. I've got 6k mile on my "old" rear with no problems.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
erp2863,

This is one of the reasons I don't post that much anymore. Someone has always got to be a smart ass. I wasn't complaining. I was trying to let some of the guys on here know that it probably wouldn't do them a lot of good to try and get the new part number after my initial talk with my dealer. We'll see how your rear end is doing once you get about 20,000 miles on it like mine.

To the guys that do give a shit. It's going to take two weeks for "the new rear end (15793756)" to get here. Like CTSV05 it took some strings to be pulled.

I'll make sure and not bother to post my opinion after it's installed.
Shane

·
Registered
70 Posts
Shane, I'm sure lots of people here would like to know your thoughts on the new rear. Please don't let the perceived "smart ass" comments deter you from sharing important information.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
ssmith100 said:
Well,

CTSV05,

Shane
Something is strange here. I have a stocker 6 cyl CTS diff on the bench. I saw my original and I have version #2. Other than bigger stiffening ribs on the case it looks the same. Its sure bolts in the same. The only difference is the yoke/flange. I have a very early V.. mid JAn 2004 and I have version #2.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I truly think is funny about this is that in my mind I was really trying to help some guys out here. Being one of the first owners of a V and a member here for quite a while I thought I could be helpful. I spend a lot of time on this site and to be honest there's not a lot of helpful information in regards to our car's in this forum. As a guy who frequents quite a lot of automotive sites I can honestly say I think our (forum) is becoming quite useless. The Cad Faq site being an exception. Now if you want to read "kill" stories and some pretty useless freaking threads, this is getting the place to be. Do people really care if someone smoked a Honda civic at a red light??? I could go on but it would just get me slammed by more people. To those guys that I know personally and want to know the outcome of my rear end situation feel free to PM me.

Urb, feel free to lock this now as it is like most of the threads here, has become useless.

Shane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.