Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 6MT, 2008 Cadillac CTS 6MT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very irritating noise/vibration coming from the rear passenger door. I am thinking there is a screw or a plastic clip inside there. I am wondering how to remove the panel so that I can take a look at what's going on. I know most of you would recommend I leave it to the dealer, however I don't imagine removing the panel is too difficult, and I'm sure I am mechanically inclined enough to pull this off.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Take about $4 with you to Harbor Freight tools. An upholstery tool kit is what you need. The kit includes about 4 or 5 fiberglass (flat) tools that allow you to remove the upholstery (and door) clips on almost all cars. If you break any, check with one of the mechanics at any GM dealer, and he/she will provide you with a handful of new clips. (Look for the mechanic who specializes in windows, interior electronics, etc.) He/she typically has boxes full of those clips. Only cost is a couple of tacos for the mechanic.

As an added benefit, you will then learn how to change out window regulators (after you have the door panel off).

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 08
86 Posts
Mine has a sound coming from the door latch. There was a previous post about this being a problem several months ago. The dealer could not get it to act up the day I took it in. They said they had no service bulletins on it but the post said there were. The noise is prominant on gravel roads. I am going to address it at my next oil change since there is a 50,000 mile bumper to bumper they will take care of. Only noise I have and I love the car.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Did you ever notice that unless your car is laying dead beside the road, the dealer can never duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the responses...

I am still wondering how to remove the rear door panel though. I have the proper tools. Just wondering where the fasteners and clips are located so I don't break anything. Anyone?? :suspense:

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

Remove the rear side door trim panel applique. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Applique Replacement.

Rear Side Door Trim Panel Screw (Qty: 3)

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Tip
Remove the inside handle bezel to access (1) screw. The remaining 2 screws are accessed under the applique.

Tighten
2 N·m (18 lb in)

Rear Side Door Trim Panel

Procedure

Use a door trim tool or equivalent to aid in the removal of the door trim.
Disconnect the inside handle cable.
Disconnect the electrical connectors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

Remove the rear side door trim panel applique. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Applique Replacement.

Rear Side Door Trim Panel Screw (Qty: 3)

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Tip
Remove the inside handle bezel to access (1) screw. The remaining 2 screws are accessed under the applique.

Tighten
2 N·m (18 lb in)

Rear Side Door Trim Panel

Procedure

Use a door trim tool or equivalent to aid in the removal of the door trim.
Disconnect the inside handle cable.
Disconnect the electrical connectors.
THANK YOU!! Your picture didn't load though. Any chance you could try it again? :hide:

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
To the OP. When you get good at removing door panels, I need you to work on my 05 LeSabre. I have the new window regulator ready to go.

Just too lazy to start on it. Maybe this week. It is a very simple job; besides, dealers charge about $600 per window regulator installed.

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
i'm trying to do this right now and i've narrowed it down to the door lock knob rattling against the door panel. i want to remove the door panel and add some foam or cushioning.
i have a couple questions, what the hell is applique? and just to confirm there are no screws to remove? just the snap in clips?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts