Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the V in to have the Rear Diff serviced after the major leak I sprung in TX.
I'm now a proud driver of a Crew Cab GMC Canyon, that has just as much acceleration as a Kia. At 70mph the speedo is at about 115 degree angle. Made me feel like I was actually speeding.

While there I inquired about the price of an Oil Change, and was told $82+tax WTF??:eek: I did the first one myself, I guess I'll be doing remaining ones myself too, cause I refuse to pay that for an Oil change.
Is this what you dealer guys been payin for Oil changes or is this dealership pullin my chain?

I also wanted an alignment, but I dared not ask after I heard the price of the Oil change. Any suggestion on where to go for a decent alignment? I'm going to be working long hours this Month and may not be able to do either myself (yard looks a mess too, gotta find a lawn boy quick!) I'm working off of 4hrs Max of sleep/day

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
... the price of an Oil Change, and was told $82+tax ...
Seems like my dealer might be that or just below. Do it yourself, pay around thirty bucks, and make sure you document it in a log somewhere along with EVERYTHING you do to your car. That's what I do. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I inherited a Chevy Colorado when my Escalade was being fixed after hitting a deer. I took that Chevy out on a back road, got the tires wet, and did some hella burnouts. :rolleyes: Drive it like a rental car my friend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Are you getting a new diff? Won't they have to perform an alignment anyway? As for the oil change, either DIY or look for coupons. I don't trust anyone to change my oil, well until now. My dealership does them for free for the life of the car.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you getting a new diff? Won't they have to perform an alignment anyway? As for the oil change, either DIY or look for coupons. I don't trust anyone to change my oil, well until now. My dealership does them for free for the life of the car.
I prefer to do them myself too, but there's not enough hours in a day, with my 12hr work days. I'm at work as we speak, Gotta Go!

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I prefer to do them myself too, but there's not enough hours in a day, with my 12hr work days. I'm at work as we speak, Gotta Go!
65 to 70 hour work weeks are my norm too. I have two teenage sons for the yard work. Best investment I ever made. j/k I feel your pain dude.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
65 to 70 hour work weeks are my norm too. I have two teenage sons for the yard work. Best investment I ever made. j/k I feel your pain dude.
Mines is 4yrs old, before I left for work I told him I needed him to cut the grass. he was like "Who's going to help me?" I told him to ask his sister (6yrs) or his mom. It was so funny as I was walking out the door I hear him asking them to help him.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Getting an alignment done correctly is an absolute shot in the dark. I know some Midas managers, and I have faith in those few mgrs. Or you could talk with front end guy at Caddy shop and promise him an extra $10 if he takes extra care of your car. You will never know the diff, but at least you will get to know him if you go back for repeat visits over the years. Worth a shot. Of befriend a Midas mgr and remind him of the problems you have previously had with front end alignments. That sometimes helps.

Problem is some mechanics do not give a dang--like so many other workers in any job. Other problem is we typically cannot evaluate a good or a bad job. Mgr might be excellent, but worker bee could be a complete loss. Dangle something in front of the Midas mgr and employee also--tacos, donus, etc. An absolute shot in dark. Another option is to ask some tire dealers who they like for front end alignments. I have done that too.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In oklahoma I had a pro at my local Sears shop! He aligned the hell out of my GTP when I put 20's on it. 3yrs later I'm still on the same tires!

Got Me A V - ur absolutely right! It really puts me on edge to say the least. Put I think I've found the cure on my trip back home from Dallas. MONSTER ENERGY DRINK! I just went to Sam's and bought a whole case. The plan is to take one each night (Morning) at around 4am to get me through the rest of the shift and keep me awake for the ride home!

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
While there I inquired about the price of an Oil Change, and was told $82+tax WTF??:eek: I did the first one myself, I guess I'll be doing remaining ones myself too, cause I refuse to pay that for an Oil change.
Is this what you dealer guys been payin for Oil changes or is this dealership pullin my chain?
At my last serice visit, I brought along a 6 pack of Mobil1 and a filter. Lindsay changed my oil for $18 bucks. Definately worth it to me, just to not have to deal with the used oil.

Might want to ask your service manager if they'd consider that.

-Chris

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ditto here on the oil changes. I bring the Mobil 1 (Wal-Mart has it in 5 qt containers) and they charge me $10 for labor and $10 for filter (if I don't bring my own). They do it on a service lift, as opposed to the oil change lift, so I can check everything out underneath as well.

Good way to stay in touch with the service tech :)

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
Ditto here on the oil changes. I bring the Mobil 1 (Wal-Mart has it in 5 qt containers) and they charge me $10 for labor and $10 for filter (if I don't bring my own). They do it on a service lift, as opposed to the oil change lift, so I can check everything out underneath as well.

Good way to stay in touch with the service tech :)
Mike - Just curious who does this for you. Don Massey Cadillac in Lone Tree is closest to me but I've never asked them to use my materials. I had them change the oil once and they did not use Mobil 1 so I've never had them do it again.

T

·
0 Posts
Don't take it to NTB! That is who took my car out for a test drive and sprayed an entire 10lb bottle of Nitrous and mis shifted and bent a valve. I picked it up and he said "Dude what's wrong with your car it does not sound good". I called NTB Corporate and was pretty much told to bad unless I had a witness that saw him driving the car. I'm about one more problem away from getting a new Z06 and just forget about the new 09.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts